Random coefficient volatility models
In financial modeling, the moments of the observed process, the kurtosis and the moments of the conditional volatility play important roles. They are very important in model identification and in forecasting the volatility (see Thavaneswaran et al. [(2005b). Forecasting volatility. Statist. Probab. Lett. 75, 1-10.]). This paper introduces random coefficient GARCH models including the class random coefficient GARCH (RC-GARCH) models and derive their higher order moments and kurtosis.
Volume (Year): 78 (2008)
Issue (Month): 6 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fornari, Fabio & Mele, Antonio, 1997.
"Sign- and Volatility-Switching ARCH Models: Theory and Applications to International Stock Markets,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 49-65, Jan.-Feb..
- Fornari, F. & Mele, A., 1995. "Sign- and Volatility -Switching ARCH Models: Theory and Applications to International Stock Markets," Papers 251, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Thavaneswaran, A. & Appadoo, S.S. & Peiris, S., 2005. "Forecasting volatility," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 1-10, November.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- He, Changli & Terasvirta, Timo, 1999.
"Properties of moments of a family of GARCH processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 173-192, September.
- He, Changli & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1997. "Properties of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 198, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Bovas Abraham & A. Thavaneswaran, 1991. "A nonlinear time series model and estimation of missing observations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 493-504, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:78:y:2008:i:6:p:582-593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.