Empirical likelihood ratio test for the change-point problem
A nonparametric method based on the empirical likelihood is proposed to detect the change-point from a sequence of independent random variables. The empirical likelihood ratio test statistic is proved to have the same limit null distribution as that with classical parametric likelihood. Under some mild conditions, the maximum empirical likelihood estimator of change-point is also shown to be consistent. The simulation results demonstrate the sensitivity and robustness of the proposed approach. A famous real example is studied to illustrate its effectiveness.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gombay, Edit & Horváth, Lajos, 1994. "An application of the maximum likelihood test to the change-point problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 161-171, March.
- Jing, Bing-Yi, 1995. "Two-sample empirical likelihood method," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 315-319, September.
- Perron, Pierre & Vogelsang, Timothy J, 1992. "Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Changing Mean: Corrections and Extensions," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 467-70, October.
- Yao, Yi-Ching, 1990. "On the asymptotic behavior of a class of nonparametric tests for a change-point problem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 173-177, February.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & McKeague, I.W., 2003. "Empirical likelihood based hypothesis testing," Other publications TiSEM 2ddb34d8-8ae7-46e3-8004-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Zhong Guan, 2004. "A semiparametric changepoint model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(4), pages 849-862, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:4:p:374-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.