Expressions for Rényi and Shannon entropies for multivariate distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Golan, Amos & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2002. "Comparison of maximum entropy and higher-order entropy estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 195-211, March.
- G. Aulogiaris & K. Zografos, 2004. "A maximum entropy characterization of symmetric Kotz type and Burr multivariate distributions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(1), pages 65-83, June.
- Peddada, Shyamal Das & Richards, Donald St. P., 1991. "Entropy inequalities for some multivariate distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 202-208, October.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Zografos, K., 1999. "On Maximum Entropy Characterization of Pearson's Type II and VII Multivariate Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 67-75, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonenko, Nikolaj & Seleznjev, Oleg, 2010. "Statistical inference for the [epsilon]-entropy and the quadratic Rényi entropy," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(9), pages 1981-1994, October.
- Ebrahimi, Nader & Jalali, Nima Y. & Soofi, Ehsan S., 2014. "Comparison, utility, and partition of dependence under absolutely continuous and singular distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 32-50.
- Burkschat Marco & Kamps Udo & Kateri Maria, 2013. "Estimating scale parameters under an order statistics prior," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 30(3), pages 205-219, August.
- Bhattacharya, Bhaskar, 2006. "Maximum entropy characterizations of the multivariate Liouville distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 1272-1283, July.
- Vuong, Q.N. & Bedbur, S. & Kamps, U., 2013. "Distances between models of generalized order statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 24-36.
- Burkschat, M. & Kamps, U. & Kateri, M., 2010. "Sequential order statistics with an order statistics prior," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(8), pages 1826-1836, September.
- Withers, Christopher S. & Nadarajah, Saralees, 2011. "Estimates of low bias for the multivariate normal," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 1635-1647, November.
- Asadi, Majid & Ebrahimi, Nader & Soofi, Ehsan S., 2005. "Dynamic generalized information measures," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 85-98, January.
- Contreras-Reyes, Javier E., 2014. "Asymptotic form of the Kullback–Leibler divergence for multivariate asymmetric heavy-tailed distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 395(C), pages 200-208.
- Zografos, K., 2008. "On Mardia's and Song's measures of kurtosis in elliptical distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(5), pages 858-879, May.
More about this item
KeywordsElliptically contoured distributions Rényi entropy Shannon entropy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:71:y:2005:i:1:p:71-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.