Volunteer Management Practices and Volunteer Retention: A Human Resource Management Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tom Keenoy, 1999. "HRM as Hologram: A Polemic," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. " A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Doherty, Alison J., 1998. "Managing Our Human Resources: A Review of Organisational Behaviour in Sport," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Misener, Katie & Doherty, Alison, 2014. "In support of sport: Examining the relationship between community sport organizations and sponsors," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 493-506.
- Wellens, Lore & Jegers, Marc, 2014. "Effective governance in nonprofit organizations: A literature based multiple stakeholder approach," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 223-243.
- Hoeber, Larena, 2010. "Experiences of volunteering in sport: Views from Aboriginal individuals," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 345-354, November.
- Shaw, Sally, 2009. ""It was all 'smile for Dunedin!"': Event Volunteer Experiences at the 2006 New Zealand Masters Games," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 26-33, February.
- Trussell, Dawn E., 2016. "Young people's perspectives of parent volunteerism in community youth sport," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 332-342.
- Thomson, Alana & Darcy, Simon & Pearce, Sonya, 2010. "Ganma theory and third-sector sport-development programmes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth: Implications for sports management," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 313-330, November.
- Lee, Younghan & Kim, Milyang & Koo, Jakeun, 2016. "The impact of social interaction and team member exchange on sport event volunteer management," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 550-562.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2010. "Developing board strategic capability in sport organisations: The national-regional governing relationship," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, August.
- Lock, Daniel & Filo, Kevin & Kunkel, Thilo & Skinner, James, 2013. "Thinking about the same things differently: Examining perceptions of a non-profit community sport organisation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 438-450.
- Schlesinger, T. & Klenk, C. & Nagel, S., 2015. "How do sport clubs recruit volunteers? Analyzing and developing a typology of decision-making processes on recruiting volunteers in sport clubs," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 193-206.
- Millar, Patti & Doherty, Alison, 2016. "Capacity building in nonprofit sport organizations: Development of a process model," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 365-377.
More about this item
Keywordshuman resource management community sport organisations volunteers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:9:y:2006:i:2:p:141-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.