On the valuation of constant barrier options under spectrally one-sided exponential Lévy models and Carr's approximation for American puts
This paper provides a general framework for pricing options with a constant barrier under spectrally one-sided exponential Lévy model, and uses it to implement of Carr's approximation for the value of the American put under this model. Simple analytic approximations for the exercise boundary and option value are obtained.
Volume (Year): 100 ()
Issue (Month): 1-2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carr, Peter, 1998. "Randomization and the American Put," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(3), pages 597-626.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2000. "Modelling by Levy Processes for Financial Econometrics," Economics Series Working Papers 2000-W03, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 2008.
"Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 5, pages 85-103
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 1992. "Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 87-106.
- Zhang, Xiaolan, 1995. "Formules quasi-explicites pour les options américaines dans un modèle de diffusion avec sauts," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 151-161.
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome, 1996. "American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a Comparison of Existing Methods," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1211-1250.
- Ju, Nengjiu, 1998. "Pricing an American Option by Approximating Its Early Exercise Boundary as a Multipiece Exponential Function," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(3), pages 627-646.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Landry, Bruno, 1998. "On the discounted penalty at ruin in a jump-diffusion and the perpetual put option," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 263-276, July.
- S. D. Jacka, 1991. "Optimal Stopping and the American Put," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:100:y::i:1-2:p:75-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.