Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Kahneman & Peter P. Wakker & Rakesh Sarin, 1997. "Back to Bentham? Explorations of Experienced Utility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 375-406.
- Smith, Dylan M. & Brown, Stephanie L. & Ubel, Peter A., 2008. "Are subjective well-being measures any better than decision utility measures?," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 85-91, January.
- Daniel Kahneman & Robert Sugden, 2005. "Experienced Utility as a Standard of Policy Evaluation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 161-181, September.
- Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer & Deverill, Mark, 2002. "The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-36," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 271-292, March.
- Paul Dolan & Mathew White, 2006. "Dynamic Well-Being: Connecting Indicators of what People Anticipate with Indicators of what they Experience," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 75(2), pages 303-333, January.
- Carol Graham & Lucas Higuera & Eduardo Lora, 2011. "Which health conditions cause the most unhappiness?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(12), pages 1431-1447, December.
- Uppal, Sharanjit, 2006. "Impact of the timing, type and severity of disability on the subjective well-being of individuals with disabilities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 525-539, July.
- John Brazier & Jennifer Roberts & Aki Tsuchiya & Jan Busschbach, 2004. "A comparison of the EQ-5D and SF-6D across seven patient groups," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(9), pages 873-884.
- Paul Dolan & Daniel Kahneman, 2008. "Interpretations Of Utility And Their Implications For The Valuation Of Health," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(525), pages 215-234, January.
- Stavros Petrou & Christine Hockley, 2005. "An investigation into the empirical validity of the EQ-5D and SF-6D based on hypothetical preferences in a general population," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(11), pages 1169-1189.
- Daniel Kahneman & Alan B. Krueger, 2006. "Developments in the Measurement of Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bentham, Jeremy, 1781. "An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number bentham1781.
- Dolan, Paul & Peasgood, Tessa & White, Mathew, 2008. "Do we really know what makes us happy A review of the economic literature on the factors associated with subjective well-being," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 94-122, February.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, December.
- Alex Michalos & Anita Hubley & Bruno Zumbo & Dawn Hemingway, 2001. "Health and Other Aspects of the Quality of Life of Older People," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 239-274, June.
- G. Ardine De Wit & Jan J.V. Busschbach & Frank Th. De Charro, 2000. "Sensitivity and perspective in the valuation of health status: whose values count?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 109-126.
- Vera Heyl & Hans-Werner Wahl & Heidrun Mollenkopf, 2005. "Visual Capacity, Out-of-home Activities and Emotional Well-being in Old Age: Basic Relations and Contextual Variation," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 159-189, October.
- Richard Williams, 2006. "Generalized ordered logit/partial proportional odds models for ordinal dependent variables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(1), pages 58-82, March.
- Menzel, Paul & Dolan, Paul & Richardson, Jeff & Olsen, Jan Abel, 2002. "The role of adaptation to disability and disease in health state valuation: a preliminary normative analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(12), pages 2149-2158, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- #HEJC for 04/02/2013
by academichealtheconomists in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2013-01-28 21:07:24
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Binder, Martin & Coad, Alex, 2013.
"“I'm afraid I have bad news for you…” Estimating the impact of different health impairments on subjective well-being,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 155-167.
- Martin Binder & Alex Coad, 2012. ""I'm afraid I have bad news for you…" Estimating the impact of different health impairments on subjective well-being," SPRU Working Paper Series 200, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- repec:bla:kyklos:v:70:y:2017:i:1:p:27-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dolan, Paul & Kavetsos, Georgios & Tsuchiya, Aki, 2013. "Sick but satisfied: The impact of life and health satisfaction on choice between health scenarios," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 708-714.
- Sarah Flèche & Richard Layard, 2017.
"Do More of Those in Misery Suffer from Poverty, Unemployment or Mental Illness?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(1), pages 27-41, February.
- Flèche, Sarah & Layard, Richard, 2015. "Do More of Those in Misery Suffer from Poverty, Unemployment or Mental Illness?," IZA Discussion Papers 9224, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sarah Flèche & Richard Layard, 2015. "Do More of those in Misery Suffer From Poverty, Unemployment or Mental Illness?," CEP Discussion Papers dp1356, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Flèche, Sarah & Layard, Richard, 2015. "Do more of those in misery suffer from poverty, unemployment or mental illness?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62589, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sarah Flèche & Richard Layard, 2015. "Do More of Those in Misery Suffer from Poverty, Unemployment or Mental Illness?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 784, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Karimi, M. & Brazier, J. & Paisley, S., 2017. "How do individuals value health states? A qualitative investigation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 80-88.
- Tessier, Philippe & Blanchin, Myriam & Sébille, Véronique, 2017. "Does the relationship between health-related quality of life and subjective well-being change over time? An exploratory study among breast cancer patients," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 96-103.
- Hernández-Alava, Mónica & Sampson, Christopher & Wailoo, Allan, 2013. "Happy and healthy: a joint model of health and life satisfaction," MPRA Paper 49766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun Sun & Jiaying Chen & Magnus Johannesson & Paul Kind & Kristina Burström, 2016. "Subjective Well-Being and Its Association with Subjective Health Status, Age, Sex, Region, and Socio-economic Characteristics in a Chinese Population Study," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 833-873, April.
- Fabio Zagonari, 2016. "Which Attitudes Will Make us Individually and Socially Happier and Healthier? A Cross-Culture and Cross-Development Analytical Model," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 2527-2554, December.
- Au, Nicole & Johnston, David W., 2014. "Self-assessed health: What does it mean and what does it hide?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 21-28.
More about this item
KeywordsWales; United Kingdom; EQ-5D; SF-6D; Health state valuation; Preferences; Utility; Subjective well-being; Happiness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:77:y:2013:i:c:p:97-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .