Putting cognitive psychology to work: Improving decision-making in the medical encounter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arkes, Hal R. & Dawes, Robyn M. & Christensen, Caryn, 1986. "Factors influencing the use of a decision rule in a probabilistic task," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-110, February.
- N/A, 2002. "B. Declaration on the Bo'ao Forum for Asia," China Report, , vol. 38(4), pages 594-595, November.
- Oecd, 2002. "Country ownership and operations," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 81-86.
- Baumann, Andrea O. & Deber, Raisa B. & Thompson, Gail G., 1991. "Overconfidence among physicians and nurses: The 'micro-certainty, macro-uncertainty' phenomenon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 167-174, January.
- Oecd, 2003. "Development Co-operation Review of Canada," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 9-85.
- Oecd, 2003. "Development Co-operation Review of Greece," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 13-80.
- Arkes, Hal R. & Christensen, Caryn & Lai, Cheryl & Blumer, Catherine, 1987. "Two methods of reducing overconfidence," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 133-144, February.
- Oecd, 2003. "Development Co-operation Review of Spain," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 11-67.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L., 2010. "Reforming medical education: A review and synthesis of five critiques of medical practice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1665-1668, June.
- Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Zebrowitz, Leslie A. & Ma, Hui-ing, 2011. "Culture, gender and health care stigma: Practitioners' response to facial masking experienced by people with Parkinson's disease," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 95-102, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCognitive biases Patient decision-making Phyisican decision-making patient-physician relationship;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:67:y:2008:i:11:p:1861-1869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.