A comparative appraisal of the relationship of education, income and housing tenure with less than good health among the elderly in Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martelin, Tuija, 1994. "Mortality by indicators of socioeconomic status among the finnish elderly," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1257-1278, May.
- Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 2003. "Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 861-873, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:4:569-572_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mackenbach, Johan P. & Kunst, Anton E., 1997. "Measuring the magnitude of socio-economic inequalities in health: An overview of available measures illustrated with two examples from Europe," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 757-771, March.
- Grundy, Emily & Holt, Gemma, 2000. "Adult life experiences and health in early old age in Great Britain," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 1061-1074, October.
- Emmanuelle Cambois & Jean-Marie Robine & Mark Hayward, 2001. "Social inequalities in disability-free life expectancy in the french male population, 1980–1991," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(4), pages 513-524, November.
- Arber, Sara & Ginn, Jay, 1993. "Gender and inequalities in health in later life," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 33-46, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:2:277-283_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martikainen, Pekka & Aromaa, Arpo & Heliövaara, Markku & Klaukka, Timo & Knekt, Paul & Maatela, Jouni & Lahelma, Eero, 1999. "Reliability of perceived health by sex and age," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1117-1122, April.
- Dahl, Espen & Birkelund, Gunn Elisabeth, 1997. "Health inequalities in later life in a social democratic welfare state," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 871-881, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Crespo-Cebada, Eva & Urbanos-Garrido, Rosa M., 2012. "Equity and equality in the use of GP services for elderly people: The Spanish case," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 193-199.
- Hoeck, Sarah & François, Guido & Van der Heyden, Johan & Geerts, Joanna & Van Hal, Guido, 2011. "Healthcare utilisation among the Belgian elderly in relation to their socio-economic status," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 174-182, February.
- Elisabetta Santarelli & Anna De Pascale, "undated". "Economic, housing conditions and health of old people in Italy: evidence from EU-SILC," Working Papers 99/12, Sapienza University of Rome, Metodi e modelli per l'economia, il territorio e la finanza MEMOTEF.
- Laaksonen, Mikko & Tarkiainen, Lasse & Martikainen, Pekka, 2009. "Housing wealth and mortality: A register linkage study of the Finnish population," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 754-760, September.
- M. Azhar Hussain & Mette Møller Jørgensen & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2016.
"Refining Population Health Comparisons: A Multidimensional First Order Dominance Approach,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 739-759, November.
- Hussain, M. Azhar & Jørgensen, Mette Møller & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2014. "Refining Population Health Comparisons: A Multidimensional First Order Dominance Approach," COHERE Working Paper 2014:5, University of Southern Denmark, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research.
- Yang Liu & Mei Wang & Jorma Tynjälä & Jari Villberg & Yan Lv & Lasse Kannas, 2013. "Socioeconomic inequalities in alcohol use of adolescents: the differences between China and Finland," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(2), pages 177-185, April.
- Virginia Zarulli, 2016. "Unobserved Heterogeneity of Frailty in the Analysis of Socioeconomic Differences in Health and Mortality," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 32(1), pages 55-72, February.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-economic indicators Self-assessed health Elderly Europe;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:62:y:2006:i:8:p:2046-2060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.