The economic burden of TB diagnosis and treatment in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tarricone, Rosanna, 2006. "Cost-of-illness analysis: What room in health economics?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 51-63, June.
- Booysen, Frikkie & van der Berg, Servaas & Burger, Ronelle & Maltitz, Michael von & Rand, Gideon du, 2008. "Using an Asset Index to Assess Trends in Poverty in Seven Sub-Saharan African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1113-1130, June.
- Jane Goudge & Steven Russell & Lucy Gilson & Tebogo Gumede & Steve Tollman & Anne Mills, 2009. "Illness-related impoverishment in rural South Africa: Why does social protection work for some households but not others?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 231-251.
- Mcintyre, Di & Thiede, Michael & Birch, Stephen, 2009. "Access as a policy-relevant concept in low- and middle-income countries," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 179-193, April.
- Johannesson, Magnus, 1996. "The willingness to pay for health changes, the human-capital approach and the external costs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 231-244, June.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & van Roijen, Leona, 1995. "The friction cost method for measuring indirect costs of disease," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 171-189, June.
- Cleary, Susan & Birch, Steve & Chimbindi, Natsayi & Silal, Sheetal & McIntyre, Di, 2013. "Investigating the affordability of key health services in South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 37-46.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Africa; Patient costs; Tuberculosis; Costing; Diagnosis; Treatment; Catastrophic costs; Economic burden;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:130:y:2015:i:c:p:42-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.