Quest for appropriate overcapacity in the fisheries industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Niels Vestergaard & Dale Squires, 2006.
"A short-run Johansen industry model for common-pool resources: planning a fishery's industrial capacity to curb overfishing,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 33(3), pages 361-389, September.
- K. Kerstens & N. Vestergaard & D. Squires, 2006. "A Short-Run Johansen Industry Model for Common-Pool Resources: Planning a Fishery's Industrial Capacity to Curb Overfishing," Post-Print hal-00211192, HAL.
- Jens Kjærsgaard & Jesper Andersen & Christoph Mathiesen, 2007. "Multiple objectives and perceptions of optimal management: The Danish industrial fishery in the North Sea," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(2), pages 181-208, June.
- S Pascoe & S Mardle, 2001. "Optimal fleet size in the English Channel: a multi-objective programming approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(2), pages 161-185, June.
- Boaz Golany & Eran Tamir, 1995. "Evaluating Efficiency-Effectiveness-Equality Trade-Offs: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(7), pages 1172-1184, July.
- James Kirkley & Catherine Morrison Paul & Dale Squires, 2002. "Capacity and Capacity Utilization in Common-pool Resource Industries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 71-97, June.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Li, Sung-Ko, 1992. " Linear Programming Models for Firm and Industry Performance," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 599-608.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- K. Kerstens & D. Squires & N. Vestergaard, 2005. "Methodological Reflections on the Short-Run Johansen Industry Model in Relation to Capacity Management," Post-Print hal-00211184, HAL.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985. "Primal and Dual Capacity Utilization: An Application to Productivity Measurement in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 312-324, October.
- Fare, Rolf & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2003. "On aggregate Farrell efficiencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 615-620, May.
- Walter Briec & Benoit Dervaux & Hervé Leleu, 2003. "Aggregation of Directional Distance Functions and Industrial Efficiency," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 79(3), pages 237-261, July.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Kokkelenberg, Edward C, 1989. "Measuring Plant Capacity, Utilization and Technical Change: A Nonparametric Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 655-666, August.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustry capacity Data envelopment analysis Multiple objective programming Tradeoffs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:44:y:2010:i:3:p:141-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.