Can highway investment policies influence regional growth?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patricia Mokhtarian & Francisco Samaniego & Robert Shumway & Neil Willits, 2002. "Revisiting the notion of induced traffic through a matched-pairs study," Transportation, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 193-220, May.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Haughwout, Andrew F., 2000. "Do Highways Matter? Evidence and Policy Implications of Highways' Influence on Metropolitan Development," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5rn9w6bz, University of California Transportation Center.
- Vaziri, Manouchehr & Lam, Tenny N., 1985. "The dynamics of land-use/transportation interactions and their planning implications," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 87-94.
- David Levinson & Ajay Kumar, 1994. "The Rational Locator: Why Travel Times Have Remained Stable," Working Papers 199402, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Chalermpong, Saksith, 2002. "New Highways, Induced Travel, and Urban Growth Patterns: A "Before and After" Test," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7426232j, University of California Transportation Center.
- Benjamin, Julian & Paaswell, Robert E., 1981. "A psychometric analysis of residential location," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 305-319.
- Antti Talvitie, 2006. "Experiential Incrementalism: On the Theory and Technique to Implement Transport Plans and Policies," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 83-110, January.
More about this item
KeywordsTransportation planning Regional growth Land use Growth management Highway investments Capital investments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:43:y:2009:i:3:p:165-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.