Do Highways Matter? Evidence and Policy Implications of Highways' Influence on Metropolitan Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Golob, Thomas F. & Regan, Amelia C., 2000. "Freight industry attitudes towards policies to reduce congestion," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-77, March.
- Golob, Thomas F. & Regan, Amelia C., 2001. "Impacts of highway congestion on freight operations: perceptions of trucking industry managers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 577-599, August.
- Hall, Randolph W. & Intihar, Chris, 1997. "Commercial Vehicle Operations: Government Interfaces And Intelligent Transportation Systems," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt9p272488, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Cajo Braak, 1990. "Interpreting canonical correlation analysis through biplots of structure correlations and weights," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 519-531, September.
- Regan, Amelia C. & Golob, Thomas F., 2000. "Trucking industry perceptions of congestion problems and potential solutions in maritime intermodal operations in California," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 587-605, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew F. Haughwout, 2001. "Infrastructure and social welfare in metropolitan America," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-16.
- Torben Holvad & John Preston, 2005. "Road Transport Investment Projects and Additional Economic Benefits," ERSA conference papers ersa05p522, European Regional Science Association.
- Miller, John S. & Hoel, Lester A. & Ellington, David B., 2009. "Can highway investment policies influence regional growth?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 165-176, September.
- Handy, Susan L, 2002. "Accessibility- vs. Mobility-Enhancing Strategies for Addressing Automobile Dependence in the U.S," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt5kn4s4pb, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Melanie Rapino & Benjamin Spaulding & Dean M. Hanink, 2006. "Have Per Capita Earnings and Income Converged across New England?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 620-637.
- Jeffrey Thompson, 2010. "Prioritizing Approaches to Economic Development in New England: Skills, Infrastructure, and Tax Incentives," Published Studies priorities_september7_per, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Louw, Erik & Leijten, Martijn & Meijers, Evert, 2013. "Changes subsequent to infrastructure investments: Forecasts, expectations and ex-post situation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 107-117.
- Geza Toth, 2006. "Centre-Periphery Analysis About the Hungarian Public Road System," ERSA conference papers ersa06p11, European Regional Science Association.
- Kang, Chang Deok & Cervero, Robert, 2008. "From Elevated Freeway to Linear Park: Land Price Impacts of Seoul, Korea's CGC Project," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt81r021w2, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Mehmet Aldonat Beyzatlar & Mehmet Yeşim Kuştepeli, 2011. "Infrastructure, Economic Growth and Population Density in Turkey," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 4(3), pages 39-57, December.
- Michael L. Lahr & Rodrigo Duran & Anupa Varughese, 2004. "Estimating the Impact of Highways on Average Travel Velocities and Market Size," Urban/Regional 0403009, EconWPA.
- Yu, Nannan & de Roo, Gert & de Jong, Martin & Storm, Servaas, 2016. "Does the expansion of a motorway network lead to economic agglomeration? Evidence from China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 218-227.
- Plaut, Pnina O & Deakin, Elizabeth, 2006. "Economic and Travel Impacts of Bypass Roads: A Comparative Study of Israel and the U.S," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6711w6z7, University of California Transportation Center.
- Cervero, Robert & Kang, Chang Deok, 2009. "Bus Rapid Transit Impacts on Land Uses and Land Values in Seoul, Korea," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt4px4n55x, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial and Behavioral Sciences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:uctcwp:qt5rn9w6bz. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/itucbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .