Suicide and unemployment in Japan: Evidence from municipal level suicide rates and age-specific suicide rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eiji Yamamura, 2010.
"The different impacts of socio-economic factors on suicide between males and females,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(10), pages 1009-1012.
- yamamura, eiji, 2007. "The Different Impacts of Socio-economic Factors on Suicide between Males and Females," MPRA Paper 10175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Jahyeong Koo & W. Michael Cox, 2008. "An Economic Interpretation Of Suicide Cycles In Japan," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 162-174, January.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2000. "Are Recessions Good for Your Health?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 617-650.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2004. "Recessions lower (some) mortality rates:: evidence from Germany," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 1037-1047, March.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Soss, Neal M, 1974. "An Economic Theory of Suicide," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 83-98, Jan.-Feb..
- Thomas Maag, 2008. "Economic Correlates of Suicide Rates in OECD Countries," KOF Working papers 08-207, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Ryoichi Watanabe & Masakazu Furukawa & Ryota Nakamura & Yoshiaki Ogura, 2006. "Analysis of the Socioeconomic Difficulties Affecting the Suicide Rate in Japan," KIER Working Papers 626, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Guan, Dabo, 2017. "Multiple disasters management: Lessons from the Fukushima triple events," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 114-122.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015. "Comparison of Social Capital's Effect on Consideration of Suicide between Urban and Rural Areas," ISER Discussion Paper 0933, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan, 2016. "A Suicidal Kuznets Curve?," MPRA Paper 71108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schaede Ulrike, 2013. "Sunshine and Suicides in Japan: revisiting the relevance of economic determinants of suicide," Contemporary Japan, De Gruyter, vol. 25(2), pages 105-126, August.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015. "Comparison of Social Trust’s Effect on Suicide Ideation between Urban and Non-urban Areas: The Case of Japanese Adults in 2006," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2015/06, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Ferdi Botha, 2012. "The Economics Of Suicide In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(4), pages 526-552, December.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan, 2014. "The impact of fiscal austerity on suicide: On the empirics of a modern Greek tragedy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 39-50.
- Christian Breuer & Horst Rottmann, 2014. "Do Labor Market Institutions Influence Suicide Mortality? An International Panel Data Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4875, CESifo Group Munich.
- Saki Sugano & Yusuke Matsuki, 2014. "Poisson analysis of suicide in Japan using municipal data," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(11), pages 723-726, July.
- Andrés, Antonio R. & Halicioglu, Ferda & Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Socio-economic determinants of suicide in Japan," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 723-731.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1384-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Rangan Gupta, 2017.
"Is Economic Policy Uncertainty Related to Suicide Rates? Evidence from the United States,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 543-560, September.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Is Economic Policy Uncertainty Related to Suicide Rates? Evidence from the United States," Working Papers 201573, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:39:y:2010:i:6:p:683-691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .