An analysis of the impact of timberland, farmland and commercial real estate in the asset allocation decisions of institutional investors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Geltner, 1993. "Estimating Market Values from Appraised Values without Assuming an Efficient Market," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(3), pages 325-346.
- David A. Lins & Bruce J. Sherrick & Aravind Venigalla, 1992. "Institutional Portfolios: Diversification through Farmland Investment," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(4), pages 549-571.
- Clair H. Redmond & Frederick W. Cubbage, 1988. "Portfolio Risk and Returns from Timber Asset Investments," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(4), pages 325-337.
- Changyou Sun & Daowei Zhang, 2001. "Assessing the Financial Performance of Forestry-Related Investment Vehicles: Capital Asset Pricing Model vs. Arbitrage Pricing Theory," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 617-628.
- James R. Webb & Jack H. Rubens, 1988. "The Effect of Alternative Return Measures on Restricted Mixed-Asset Portfolios," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 123-137.
- Hardin, William G, III & Cheng, Ping, 2002. "Farmland Investment under Conditions of Certainty and Uncertainty," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 81-98, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mei, Bin, 2015. "Illiquidity and risk of commercial timberland assets in the United States," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 67-78.
- Wan, Yang & Clutter, Michael L. & Mei, Bin & Siry, Jacek P., 2015. "Assessing the role of U.S. timberland assets in a mixed portfolio under the mean-conditional value at risk framework," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 118-126.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:91:y:2017:i:c:p:24-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gao, Lei & Mei, Bin, 2013. "Investor attention and abnormal performance of timberland investments in the United States," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 60-65.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset allocation Timberland Farmland Property;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:18:y:2009:i:2:p:90-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.