Governance, foreign direct investment and domestic welfare
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dibyendu Maiti & Arijit Mukherjee, "undated". "Governance, Foreign Direct Investment and Domestic Welfare," Discussion Papers 10/27, University of Nottingham, GEP.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, A.V., 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," Working papers 97-4, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ishikawa, Jota & Morita, Hodaka & Mukunoki, Hiroshi, 2010.
"FDI in post-production services and product market competition,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 73-84, September.
- Jota Ishikawa & Hodaka Morita & Hiroshi Mukunoki, 2008. "FDI in Post-Production Services and Product Market Competition," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-004, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ishikawa, Jota & Morita, Hodaka & Mukunoki, Hiroshi, 2010. "FDI in Post-Production Services and Product Market Competition," CCES Discussion Paper Series 29, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jota Ishikawa & Hodaka Morita & Hiroshi Mukunoki, 2010. "FDI in Post-Production Services and Product Market Competition," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd10-136, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ishikawa, Jota & Morita, Hodaka & Mukunoki, Hiroshi, 2008. "FDI in Post-Production Services and Product Market Competition," CCES Discussion Paper Series 1, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- Dong, Jing & Gou, Yan-nan, 2010. "Corporate governance structure, managerial discretion, and the R&D investment in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 180-188, April.
- Globerman, Steven & Shapiro, Daniel, 2002. "Global Foreign Direct Investment Flows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1899-1919, November.
- Fan, Joseph P. H. & Morck, Randall & Lixin Colin Xu & Yeung, Bernard, 2007. "Does"good government"draw foreign capital ? Explaining China's exceptional foreign direct investment inflow," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4206, The World Bank.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "Second-Best Institutions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 100-104, May.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1289-1332.
- Azmat Gani, 2007. "Governance and foreign direct investment links: evidence from panel data estimations," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(10), pages 753-756.
- Qiu, Larry D., 2010. "Cross-border mergers and strategic alliances," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 818-831, August.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2007. "Welfare-reducing Domestic Cost Reduction," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 294-301, May.
- Chris Milner, 2005. "Protection By Tariff Barriers And International Transaction Costs," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(1), pages 105-121, February.
- Kim, Dong-Hyeon & Lin, Shu-Chin & Suen, Yu-Bo, 2013. "Investment, trade openness and foreign direct investment: Social capability matters," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 56-69.
- Reiter, S.L. & Steensma, H. Kevin, 2010. "Human Development and Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries: The Influence of FDI Policy and Corruption," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1678-1691, December.
- Chor-Yiu Sin & Wing-Fai Leung, 2001. "Impacts of FDI liberalization on investment inflows," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 253-256.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonard Wang & Tien-Der Han, 2015. "Better governance matters optimal privatization policy," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(2), pages 189-206, December.
- repec:eee:glofin:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:1-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gani, Azmat & Scrimgeour, Frank, 2016. "New Zealand's trade with Asia and the role of good governance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 36-53.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2014.
"Foreign capital, non-traded goods and welfare in a developing economy in the presence of externalities,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 249-262.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2013. "Foreign capital, Non-Traded Goods and Welfare in a Developing Economy in the presence of Externalities," MPRA Paper 52140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravi Batra & Hamid Beladi, 2013. "Foreign Capital and Urban Congestion in Emerging Markets," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 676-684, November.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; Governance; Welfare;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:27:y:2013:i:c:p:406-415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.