Incumbent responses to low-cost airline entry and exit: A spatial autoregressive panel data analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franzese, Robert J. & Hays, Jude C., 2007. "Spatial Econometric Models of Cross-Sectional Interdependence in Political Science Panel and Time-Series-Cross-Section Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 140-164, March.
- Maria ABREU & Henri L.F. DE GROOT & Raymond J.G.M. FLORAX, 2005. "Space And Growth: A Survey Of Empirical Evidence And Methods," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 21, pages 13-44.
- Harumi Ito & Darin Lee, 2003. "Incumbent Responses to Lower Cost Entry: Evidence from the U.S. Airline Industry," Working Papers 2003-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Gary M. Fournier & Monica E. Hartmann & Thomas Zuehlke, 2005. "Airport Substitution by Travelers: Why do we have to drive to fly?," Working Papers wp2005_09_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Windle, Robert & Dresner, Martin, 1999. "Competitive responses to low cost carrier entry," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 59-75, March.
- Michael D. Whinston & Scott C. Collins, 1992. "Entry and Competitive Structure in Deregulated Airline Markets: An Event Study Analysis of People Express," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(4), pages 445-462, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kai Huschelrath & Kathrin Muller, 2014.
"The Value Of Bluer Skies. – How Much Do Consumers Gain From Entry By Jetblue Airways In Long-Haul U.S. Airline Markets?,"
International Journal of Transport Economics, vol. 41(1).
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin, 2012. "The value of bluer skies: How much do consumers gain from entry by JetBlue Airways in long-haul US Airline Markets?," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-072, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin, 2012. "The competitive effects of firm exit: Evidence from the US airline industry," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-037, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin, 2013. "The competitive effects of firm exit," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 72-85.
- Ofelia Betancor & Juan Luis JimÃ©nez, 2011. "When trains go faster than planes: the strategic reaction of airlines in Spain," ERSA conference papers ersa11p295, European Regional Science Association.
- Kai Hüschelrath & Kathrin Müller, 2013.
"Patterns and Effects of Entry in U.S. Airline Markets,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 221-253, June.
- Hüschelrath, Kai & Müller, Kathrin, 2011. "Patterns and effects of entry in US airline markets," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-059, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gayle, Philip & Xie, Xin, 2017. "Entry Deterrence and Strategic Alliances," MPRA Paper 83233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:transb:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:317-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agustin Ros, 2011. "The Determinants of Pricing in the Mexican Domestic Airline Sector: The Impact of Competition and Airport Congestion," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(1), pages 43-60, January.
- Cruz Rodríguez Ignacio J., 2012. "Aerolíneas de bajo costo en México Competencia modal, intermodal e intramodal," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 57(4), pages 235-251, octubre-d.
- Diana, Tony, 2010. "Predicting Arrival Delays: An Application of Spatial Analysis," 51st Annual Transportation Research Forum, Arlington, Virginia, March 11-13, 2010 207260, Transportation Research Forum.
More about this item
KeywordsAirlines Low-cost carriers Entry Exit Spatial econometrics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:24:y:2008:i:1:p:15-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.