Chapter 5 Comparing alternative pricing and revenue use strategies with the MOLINO model
Cost-benefit analysis plays a central role in planning and investment decisions related to transportation. Yet, this process is often rather obscure and difficult to control and check by an outsider. We propose here a new engineering-economic-based tool, MOLINO, to perform cost benefit analysis of transport projects and regulations in a network and multi-period context. MOLINO performs cost-benefit analysis for different transport modes and types of freight and/or passenger traffic, peak and off-peak time periods, diverse market structures (private or public monopoly or duopoly, regulated or unregulated) and various financing schemes. Congestion levels are computed endogenously. MOLINO computes costs and benefits over multiple periods and the length of the time horizon is flexible. Outputs include equilibrium values of user and social benefits, financial flows and measures of effectiveness such as congestion delays.
Volume (Year): 19 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Proost, S. & Van der Loo, S. & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 2005.
"A cost-benefit analysis of tunnel investment and tolling alternatives in Antwerp,"
European Transport \ Trasporti Europei,
ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 31, pages 83-100.
- PROOST, Stef & VAN DER LOO, Saskia & DE PALMA, André & LINDSEY, Robin, "undated". "A cost-benefit analysis of tunnel investment and tolling alternatives in Antwerp," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1883, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Proost Stef & Van der Loo Saskia & Andre de Palma & Lindsey Robin, 2005. "A cost-benefit analysis of tunnel investment and tolling alternatives in Antwerp," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0507, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- André De Palma & Robin Lindsey & Stef Proost & Saskia Van der Loo, 2005. "A cost-benefit analysis of tunnel investment and tolling alternatives in Antwerp," ERSA conference papers ersa05p732, European Regional Science Association.
- Keller, Wouter J., 1976. "A nested CES-type utility function and its demand and price-index functions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 175-186, February.
- Liu, Liqun, 2003. "A marginal cost of funds approach to multi-period public project evaluation: implications for the social discount rate," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1707-1718, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:19:y:2007:i:1:p:111-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.