Coordination modes in public funding systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fudenberg, Drew & Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1990.
"Short-term contracts and long-term agency relationships,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-31, June.
- Drew Fudenberg & Bengt Holmstrom & Paul Milgrom, 1987. "Short-Term Contracts and Long-Term Agency Relationships," Working papers 468, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lemola, Tarmo, 2002. "Convergence of national science and technology policies: the case of Finland," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1481-1490, December.
- Grit Laudel, 2006. "The art of getting funded: How scientists adapt to their funding conditions," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(7), pages 489-504, August.
- Jean Thèves & Benedetto Lepori & Philippe Larédo, 2007. "Changing patterns of public research funding in France," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 389-399, July.
- Dietmar Braun, 2008. "Lessons on the political coordination of knowledge and innovation policies," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 289-298, May.
- Mats Benner & Ulf Sandström, 2000. "Inertia and change in Scandinavian public-sector research systems: the case of biotechnology," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(6), pages 443-454, December.
- Braun, Dietmar, 1998. "The role of funding agencies in the cognitive development of science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 807-821, December.
- Amable, Bruno, 1999. "Institutional complementarity and diversity of social systems of innovation and production," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economic Change and Employment FS I 99-309, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1988. "Economic Theories of the Firm: Past, Present, and Future," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(3), pages 444-458, August.
- Chris Caswill, 2003. "Principals, agents and contracts," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 337-346, October.
- Elizabeth Shove, 2003. "Principals, agents and research programmes," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 371-381, October.
- Laurens Klerkx & Cees Leeuwis, 2008. "Delegation of authority in research funding to networks: Experiences with a multiple goal boundary organization," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 183-196, April.
- Sanz-Menendez, Luis & Cruz-Castro, Laura, 2003. "Coping with environmental pressures: public research organisations responses to funding crises," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1293-1308, September.
- Stig Slipersæter & Jean Thèves & Barend van der Meulen, 2007. "Comparing the evolution of national research policies: What patterns of change?," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 372-388, July.
- Jaan Masso & Kadri Ukrainski, 2009. "Competition for public project funding in a small research system: the case of Estonia," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(9), pages 683-695, November.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2001. "Toward a Comparative Institutional Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011875, July.
- Peter van den Besselaar & Loet Leydesdorff, 2009. "Past performance, peer review and project selection: a case study in the social and behavioral sciences," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 273-288, October.
- Terttu Luukkonen & Maria Nedeva & Rémi Barré, 2006. "Understanding the dynamics of networks of excellence," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 239-252, May.
- Neil Viner & Rod Green & Philip Powell, 2006. "Segmenting academics: resource targeting of research grants," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 166-178, April.
- Whitley, Richard, 2003. "Competition and pluralism in the public sciences: the impact of institutional frameworks on the organisation of academic science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1015-1029, June.
- Weisenburger, E. & Mangematin, V., 1995. "Le laboratoire public de recherche : entre dépendance et autonomie stratégique," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 37.
- Partha, Dasgupta & David, Paul A., 1994. "Toward a new economics of science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 487-521, September.
- E Weisenburger & V Mangematin, 1995. "Le laboratoire public de recherche : entre dépendance et autonomie stratégique," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 37, pages 227-249.
- Dietmar Braun & David H Guston, 2003. "Principal-agent theory and research policy: An introduction," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 302-308, October.
- Julita Jabłecka & Karel Sima & Kadri Ukrainski, 2009. "Comparing the organization of public research funding in central and eastern European countries," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(9), pages 667-681, November.
- Stig Slipersæter & Benedetto Lepori & Michael Dinges, 2007. "Between policy and science: Research councils' responsiveness in Austria, Norway and Switzerland," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 401-415, July.
- Dietmar Braun, 2003. "Lasting tensions in research policy-making — a delegation problem," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 309-321, October.
- A. E. Fernández Jilberto, 1991. "Introduction," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 3-9, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Fernández-Zubieta & Inés Andújar-Nagore & Sandro Giachi & Manuel Fernández-Esquinas, 2016. "New Organizational Arrangements for Public-Private Research Collaboration," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(1), pages 80-103, March.
- Lauto, Giancarlo & Valentin, Finn, 2016. "The knowledge production model of the New Sciences: The case of Translational Medicine," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 12-21.
- repec:spr:scient:v:94:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0789-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. Thorleuchter & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "Technology Classification with Latent Semantic Indexing," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/814, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Klenk, Nicole L. & Hickey, Gordon M., 2013. "How can formal research networks produce more socially robust forest science?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 44-56.
- Lepori, Benedetto & Barberio, Vitaliano & Seeber, Marco & Aguillo, Isidro, 2013. "Core–periphery structures in national higher education systems. A cross-country analysis using interlinking data," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 622-634.
- Benedetto Lepori & Ivan Ureta & Siegfried Alberton, 2016. "RIO Country Report 2015 Switzerland," JRC Working Papers JRC101238, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Benedetto Lepori & Michael Wise & Diana Ingenhoff & Alexander Buhmann, 2016. "The dynamics of university units as a multi‐level process. Credibility cycles and resource dependencies," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(3), pages 2279-2301, December.
- Sparger, John Adam & Norton, George W. & Heisey, Paul W. & Alwang, Jeffrey, 2013. "Is the share of agricultural maintenance research rising in the United States?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 126-135.
- Materia, V.C. & Pascucci, S. & Kolympiris, C., 2015. "Understanding the selection processes of public research projects in agriculture: The role of scientific merit," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 87-99.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic funding systems Coordination modes Institutional complementarities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:3:p:355-367. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .