Convergent designs in fine fashion: An evolutionary model for stylistic innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Pesendorfer, Wolfgang, 1995. "Design Innovation and Fashion Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 771-792, September.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1899. "The Theory of the Leisure Class," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1899.
- Bloch, Peter H & Brunel, Frederic F & Arnold, Todd J, 2003. "Individual Differences in the Centrality of Visual Product Aesthetics: Concept and Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 551-565, March.
- Ron Adner & Daniel Levinthal, 2001. "Demand Heterogeneity and Technology Evolution: Implications for Product and Process Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 611-628, May.
- H. Leibenstein, 1950. "Bandwagon, Snob, and Veblen Effects in the Theory of Consumers' Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 183-207.
- Abernathy, William J. & Clark, Kim B., 1985. "Innovation: Mapping the winds of creative destruction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-22, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pina, Katia & Tether, Bruce S., 2016. "Towards understanding variety in knowledge intensive business services by distinguishing their knowledge bases," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 401-413.
- Beatrice d'Ippolito, 2014. "The importance of design for firms' competitiveness: a review of the literature," Working Papers hal-00936947, HAL.
- Beatrice d'Ippolito, 2014. "The importance of design for firms' competitiveness: a review of the literature," Working paper serie RMT - Grenoble Ecole de Management hal-00936947, HAL.
- Stoneman, Paul, 2011. "Soft Innovation: Economics, Product Aesthetics, and the Creative Industries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199697021.
- Francesco Izzo & Barbara Masiello, 2015. "Strategie di innovazione nelle imprese creative di servizi," ECONOMIA E DIRITTO DEL TERZIARIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 63-104.
- Jain, Geetika & Paul, Justin & Shrivastava, Archana, 2021. "Hyper-personalization, co-creation, digital clienteling and transformation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 12-23.
- Calignano Giuseppe & Jøsendal Kari, 2018. "Does The Nature of Interactions with Higher Education Institutions Influence the Innovative Capabilities of Creative Firms? The Case of a South Western Norwegian County," Quaestiones Geographicae, Sciendo, vol. 37(4), pages 67-79, December.
- Sapsed, Jonathan & Tschang, Feichin Ted, 2014. "Art is long, innovation is short: Lessons from the Renaissance and the digital age," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 127-141.
- Macchion, Laura & Moretto, Antonella & Caniato, Federico & Caridi, Maria & Danese, Pamela & Vinelli, Andrea, 2015. "Production and supply network strategies within the fashion industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 173-188.
- Emmanuel Coblence & Valérie Sabatier, 2014. "Articulating Growth and Cultural Innovation in Art Museums : The Louvre's Business Model Revision," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01346974, HAL.
- Caniato, Federico & Caridi, Maria & Castelli, Cecilia & Golini, Ruggero, 2011. "Supply chain management in the luxury industry: A first classification of companies and their strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 622-633, October.
- Diego Rinallo & Suman Basuroy & Ruhai Wu & Hyo Jeon, 2013. "The Media and Their Advertisers: Exploring Ethical Dilemmas in Product Coverage Decisions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 425-441, May.
- Caniato, Federico & Caridi, Maria & Moretto, Antonella & Sianesi, Andrea & Spina, Gianluca, 2014. "Integrating international fashion retail into new product development," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 294-306.
- Castaldi, Carolina, 2018. "To trademark or not to trademark: The case of the creative and cultural industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 606-616.
- Filitz, Rainer & Henkel, Joachim & Tether, Bruce S., 2015. "Protecting aesthetic innovations? An exploration of the use of registered community designs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 1192-1206.
- Benaim, Mickael, 2018. "From symbolic values to symbolic innovation: Internet-memes and innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 901-910.
- Engwall, Mats & Freilich, Jonatan, 2014. "Architectural Lock-in of the Drug Development Process," INDEK Working Paper Series 2014/4, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics and Management.
- Massimo Sargiacomo, 2018. "Accounting, the ‘Art of Interessment’ and the ‘Good Spokesperson’: innovation in action in luxury high fashion (1959–1979)," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1-2), pages 85-127, May.
- Fassio, Claudio & Grilli, Luca, 2016. "From technological to symbolic innovation? Open source, Maker Movement and global demand for 3D printers," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Emmanuel Coblence & Valérie Sabatier, 2014. "Articulating Growth and Cultural Innovation in Art Museums : The Louvre's Business Model Revision," Post-Print hal-01346974, HAL.
- Ozer, Muammer, 2007. "Reducing the demand uncertainties at the fuzzy-front-end of developing new online services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1372-1387, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mary Tripsas, 2008. "Customer preference discontinuities: a trigger for radical technological change," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2-3), pages 79-97.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Sanjay Jain, 2015. "Branding Conspicuous Goods: An Analysis of the Effects of Social Influence and Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(9), pages 2064-2079, September.
- Kristina McElheran, 2015. "Do Market Leaders Lead in Business Process Innovation? The Case(s) of E-business Adoption," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(6), pages 1197-1216, June.
- Petal Jean Hackett, 2012. "Cutting too Close? Design Protection and Innovation in Fashion Goods," CESifo Working Paper Series 3716, CESifo.
- Russell Golman & Aditi Jain & Sonica Saraf, 2019. "Hipsters and the Cool: A Game Theoretic Analysis of Social Identity, Trends and Fads," Papers 1910.13385, arXiv.org.
- Murmann, Johann Peter & Frenken, Koen, 2006.
"Toward a systematic framework for research on dominant designs, technological innovations, and industrial change,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 925-952, September.
- P. Murmann & K. Frenken, 2002. "Toward a Systematic Framework for Research on Dominant Designs, Technological Innovations, and Industrial Change," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2002-12, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea, 2009.
"Process and product innovation by a multiproduct monopolist: A dynamic approach,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 508-518, July.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2005. "Process and Product Innovation by a Multiproduct Monopolist: A Dynamic Approach," Working Papers 551, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Andrea Mantovani, 2006.
"Complementarity between product and process innovation in a monopoly setting,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 219-234.
- A. Mantovani, 2005. "Complementarity between Product and Process innovation in a Monopoly Setting," Working Papers 533, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Meyer, Marc H. & Utterback, James M., 1941- & International Center for Research on the Management of Technology., 1992. "Core competencies, product families and sustained business success," Working papers #65-92. Working paper (Sl, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Mazali, Rogério & Rodrigues-Neto, José A., 2013. "Dress to impress: Brands as status symbols," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 103-131.
- Lalit Manral, 2015. "The demand-side dynamics of entrant heterogeneity," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 401-445, April.
- de Jong, Jeroen P.J. & Marsili, Orietta, 2006. "The fruit flies of innovations: A taxonomy of innovative small firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 213-229, March.
- Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovani, 2010.
"Process and product innovation: A differential game approach to product life cycle,"
International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(2), pages 227-252, June.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2004. "Process and Product Innovation: a Differential Game Approach to Product Life Cycle," Working Papers 529, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Arun Kumaraswamy & Raghu Garud & Shahzad (Shaz) Ansari, 2018. "Perspectives on Disruptive Innovations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(7), pages 1025-1042, November.
- repec:pri:wwseco:dp230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Hueber, 2011.
"Innovation in virtual social networks: the widespread of new electronic currencies and the emergence of a new category of entrepreneurs,"
International Journal of Transitions and Innovation Systems, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(2), pages 163-174.
- Olivier Hueber, 2011. "Innovation in virtual social networks: the widespread of new electronic currencies and the emergence of a new category of entrepreneurs," Post-Print hal-00589937, HAL.
- Raghunath Singh Rao & Richard Schaefer, 2013. "Conspicuous Consumption and Dynamic Pricing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(5), pages 786-804, September.
- Hobday, Mike & Rush, Howard & Tidd, Joe, 2000. "Innovation in complex products and system," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 793-804, August.
- Sears, Joshua B., 2019. "A real options model of market entry: Endogenous uncertainty and exogenous uncertainty," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 1-1.
- Lambertini, Luca & Orsini, Raimondello & Palestini, Arsen, 2017. "On the instability of the R&D portfolio in a dynamic monopoly. Or, one cannot get two eggs in one basket," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 703-712.
- de Vaan, Mathijs, 2014. "Interfirm networks in periods of technological turbulence and stability," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1666-1680.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:35:y:2006:i:9:p:1273-1290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.