A review of the solar city concept and methods to assess rooftop solar electric potential, with an illustrative application to the city of Seoul
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sumita Ghosh & Robert Vale & Brenda Vale, 2006. "Domestic energy sustainability of different urban residential patterns: a New Zealand approach," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 16-37.
- Hiroaki Suzuki & Arish Dastur & Sebastian Moffatt & Nanae Yabuki & Hinako Maruyama, 2010.
"Eco2 Cities : Ecological Cities as Economic Cities
[Ciudades Eco2 : ciudades ecológicas como ciudades económicas]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2453.
- La Gennusa, Maria & Lascari, Giovanni & Rizzo, Gianfranco & Scaccianoce, Gianluca & Sorrentino, Giancarlo, 2011. "A model for predicting the potential diffusion of solar energy systems in complex urban environments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5335-5343, September.
- Pepermans, G. & Driesen, J. & Haeseldonckx, D. & Belmans, R. & D'haeseleer, W., 2005.
"Distributed generation: definition, benefits and issues,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 787-798, April.
- Guido Pepermans & Johan Driesen & Dries Haeseldonckx, 2003. "Distributed generation: definition, benefits and issues," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0308, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Vardimon, Ran, 2011. "Assessment of the potential for distributed photovoltaic electricity production in Israel," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 591-594.
- Talavera, D.L. & Muñoz-Cerón, E. & de la Casa, J. & Ortega, M.J. & Almonacid, G., 2011. "Energy and economic analysis for large-scale integration of small photovoltaic systems in buildings: The case of a public location in Southern Spain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4310-4319.
- Perez, Richard & Zweibel, Ken & Hoff, Thomas E., 2011. "Solar power generation in the US: Too expensive, or a bargain?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7290-7297.
- Kabir, Md. Humayun & Endlicher, Wilfried & Jägermeyr, Jonas, 2010. "Calculation of bright roof-tops for solar PV applications in Dhaka Megacity, Bangladesh," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1760-1764.
- Hofierka, Jaroslav & Kaňuk, Ján, 2009. "Assessment of photovoltaic potential in urban areas using open-source solar radiation tools," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2206-2214.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2012. "Nested externalities and polycentric institutions: must we wait for global solutions to climate change before taking actions at other scales?," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 353-369, February.
- Zahedi, A., 2010. "Australian renewable energy progress," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2208-2213, October.
- Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2009. "Urban energy use and carbon emissions from cities in China and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4208-4219, November.
- Peng, Jinqing & Lu, Lin, 2013. "Investigation on the development potential of rooftop PV system in Hong Kong and its environmental benefits," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 149-162.
- Zawilska, E. & Brooks, M.J., 2011. "An assessment of the solar resource for Durban, South Africa," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3433-3438.
- Schallenberg-Rodríguez, Julieta, 2013. "Photovoltaic techno-economical potential on roofs in regions and islands: The case of the Canary Islands. Methodological review and methodology proposal," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 219-239.
- Yue, Cheng-Dar & Wang, Shi-Sian, 2006. "GIS-based evaluation of multifarious local renewable energy sources: a case study of the Chigu area of southwestern Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 730-742, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Byrne & Job Taminiau & Kyung Nam Kim & Jeongseok Seo & Joohee Lee, 2016. "A solar city strategy applied to six municipalities: integrating market, finance, and policy factors for infrastructure-scale photovoltaic development in Amsterdam, London, Munich, New York, Seoul, an," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 68-88, January.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:760-782 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:122-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:1198-1206 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kurdgelashvili, Lado & Li, Junli & Shih, Cheng-Hao & Attia, Benjamin, 2016. "Estimating technical potential for rooftop photovoltaics in California, Arizona and New Jersey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 286-302.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:916-923 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hong, Taehoon & Lee, Minhyun & Koo, Choongwan & Jeong, Kwangbok & Kim, Jimin, 2017. "Development of a method for estimating the rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) potential by analyzing the available rooftop area using Hillshade analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 320-332.
- John Byrne & Job Taminiau, 2016. "A review of sustainable energy utility and energy service utility concepts and applications: realizing ecological and social sustainability with a community utility," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 136-154, March.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:5:p:686-:d:98543 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:566-579 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nasrollahi, Nazanin & Shokri, Elham, 2016. "Daylight illuminance in urban environments for visual comfort and energy performance," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 861-874.
- Amanlou, Yasaman & Hashjin, Teymour Tavakoli & Ghobadian, Barat & Najafi, G. & Mamat, R., 2016. "A comprehensive review of Uniform Solar Illumination at Low Concentration Photovoltaic (LCPV) Systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1430-1441.
More about this item
KeywordsSolar city; Photovoltaics; Built environment; Solar energy; Peak shaving; Urban solar potential; Solar rooftop potential;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:41:y:2015:i:c:p:830-844. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.