Modelling approaches for consequential life-cycle assessment (C-LCA) of bioenergy: Critical review and proposed framework for biogas production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Narayanan, Badri G. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Horridge, J. Mark, 2010.
"Disaggregated data and trade policy analysis: The value of linking partial and general equilibrium models,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 755-766, May.
- Narayanan, Badri G. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Horridge, J. Mark, 2009. "Disaggregated Data and Trade Policy Analysis: The Value of Linking Partial and General Equilibrium Models," Working papers 283474, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Narayanan, Badri & Hertel, Thomas & Horridge, Mark, 2009. "Disaggregated Data and Trade Policy Analysis: The Value of Linking Partial and General Equilibrium Models," GTAP Working Papers 3162, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Roman Keeney & Maros Ivanic & L. Alan Winters, 2015.
"Why Isn't the Doha Development Agenda more Poverty Friendly?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 18, pages 375-391,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Thomas W. Hertel & Roman Keeney & Maros Ivanic & L. Alan Winters, 2009. "Why Isn't the Doha Development Agenda more Poverty Friendly?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 543-559, November.
- Hertel, Thomas & Keeney, Roman & Ivanic, Maros & Winters, Alan, 2007. "Why Isn’t the Doha Development Agenda More Poverty Friendly?," GTAP Working Papers 2292, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Dandres, Thomas & Gaudreault, Caroline & Tirado-Seco, Pablo & Samson, Réjean, 2012. "Macroanalysis of the economic and environmental impacts of a 2005–2025 European Union bioenergy policy using the GTAP model and life cycle assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1180-1192.
- Dandres, Thomas & Gaudreault, Caroline & Tirado-Seco, Pablo & Samson, Réjean, 2011. "Assessing non-marginal variations with consequential LCA: Application to European energy sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3121-3132, August.
- Chakrabarti, Mohammed Harun & Ali, Mehmood & Usmani, Jafar Nazir & Khan, Nasim Ahmed & Hasan, Diya'uddeen Basheer & Islam, Md. Sakinul & Abdul Raman, Abdul Aziz & Yusoff, Rozita & Irfan, Muhammad Fais, 2012. "Status of biodiesel research and development in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4396-4405.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Yee, Kian Fei & Tan, Kok Tat & Abdullah, Ahmad Zuhairi & Lee, Keat Teong, 2009. "Life cycle assessment of palm biodiesel: Revealing facts and benefits for sustainability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 189-196, November.
- Kretschmer, Bettina & Peterson, Sonja, 2010.
"Integrating bioenergy into computable general equilibrium models -- A survey,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 673-686, May.
- Kretschmer, Bettina & Peterson, Sonja, 2008. "Integrating bioenergy into computable general equilibrium models: a survey," Kiel Working Papers 1473, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Havlík, Petr & Schneider, Uwe A. & Schmid, Erwin & Böttcher, Hannes & Fritz, Steffen & Skalský, Rastislav & Aoki, Kentaro & Cara, Stéphane De & Kindermann, Georg & Kraxner, Florian & Leduc, Sylvain & , 2011. "Global land-use implications of first and second generation biofuel targets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5690-5702, October.
- Messineo, Antonio & Volpe, Roberto & Marvuglia, Antonino, 2012. "Ligno-cellulosic biomass exploitation for power generation: A case study in sicily," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 613-625.
- Silalertruksa, Thapat & Gheewala, Shabbir H. & Sagisaka, Masayuki, 2009. "Impacts of Thai bio-ethanol policy target on land use and greenhouse gas emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 170-177, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smeets, Edward & Tabeau, Andrzej & van Berkum, Siemen & Moorad, Jamil & van Meijl, Hans & Woltjer, Geert, 2014. "The impact of the rebound effect of the use of first generation biofuels in the EU on greenhouse gas emissions: A critical review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 393-403.
- Igos, Elorri & Rugani, Benedetto & Rege, Sameer & Benetto, Enrico & Drouet, Laurent & Zachary, Daniel S., 2015.
"Combination of equilibrium models and hybrid life cycle-input–output analysis to predict the environmental impacts of energy policy scenarios,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 234-245.
- Igos, Elorri & Rugani, Benedetto & Rege, Sameer & Benetto, Enrico & Drouet, Laurent & Zachary, Dan, 2015. "Combination of Equilibrium Models and Hybrid Life Cycle–Input-Output Analysis to Predict the Environmental Impacts of Energy Policy Scenarios," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 206561, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Elorri Igos & Benedetto Rugani & Sameer Rege & Enrico Benetto & Laurent Drouet & Dan Zachary, 2015. "Combination of Equilibrium Models and Hybrid Life Cycle–Input-Output Analysis to Predict the Environmental Impacts of Energy Policy Scenarios," Working Papers 2015.62, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sadeghinezhad, E. & Kazi, S.N. & Sadeghinejad, Foad & Badarudin, A. & Mehrali, Mohammad & Sadri, Rad & Reza Safaei, Mohammad, 2014. "A comprehensive literature review of bio-fuel performance in internal combustion engine and relevant costs involvement," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 29-44.
- Walzberg, Julien & Dandres, Thomas & Merveille, Nicolas & Cheriet, Mohamed & Samson, Réjean, 2019. "Assessing behavioural change with agent-based life cycle assessment: Application to smart homes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 365-376.
- Nogueira, Luiz Augusto Horta & Antonio de Souza, Luiz Gustavo & Cortez, Luís Augusto Barbosa & Leal, Manoel Regis Lima Verde, 2017. "Sustainable and Integrated Bioenergy Assessment for Latin America, Caribbean and Africa (SIByl-LACAf): The path from feasibility to acceptability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 292-308.
- Lora Grando, Rafaela & de Souza Antune, Adelaide Maria & da Fonseca, Fabiana Valéria & Sánchez, Antoni & Barrena, Raquel & Font, Xavier, 2017. "Technology overview of biogas production in anaerobic digestion plants: A European evaluation of research and development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 44-53.
- Santagata, R. & Ripa, M. & Ulgiati, S., 2017. "An environmental assessment of electricity production from slaughterhouse residues. Linking urban, industrial and waste management systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 186(P2), pages 175-188.
- Ürge-Vorsatz, Diana & Kelemen, Agnes & Tirado-Herrero, Sergio & Thomas, Stefan & Thema, Johannes & Mzavanadze, Nora & Hauptstock, Dorothea & Suerkemper, Felix & Teubler, Jens & Gupta, Mukesh & Chatter, 2016. "Measuring multiple impacts of low-carbon energy options in a green economy context," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 1409-1426.
- Bacenetti, Jacopo & Sala, Cesare & Fusi, Alessandra & Fiala, Marco, 2016. "Agricultural anaerobic digestion plants: What LCA studies pointed out and what can be done to make them more environmentally sustainable," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 669-686.
- Albers, Ariane & Collet, Pierre & Lorne, Daphné & Benoist, Anthony & Hélias, Arnaud, 2019. "Coupling partial-equilibrium and dynamic biogenic carbon models to assess future transport scenarios in France," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 239(C), pages 316-330.
- Liu, Boying & Shumway, C. Richard & Yoder, Jonathan K., 2017. "Lifecycle economic analysis of biofuels: Accounting for economic substitution in policy assessment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 146-158.
More about this item
KeywordsConsequential LCA; Partial equilibrium model; General equilibrium model; Biofuels; Land use change;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:25:y:2013:i:c:p:768-781. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.