Development of an integrated methodology for the energy needs of a major urban city: The case study of Athens, Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Segurado, Raquel & Krajacic, Goran & Duic, Neven & Alves, Luís, 2011. "Increasing the penetration of renewable energy resources in S. Vicente, Cape Verde," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 466-472, February.
- Deshmukh, S.S. & Deshmukh, M.K., 2009. "A new approach to micro-level energy planning--A case of northern parts of Rajasthan, India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 634-642, April.
- Xydis, G. & Koroneos, C. & Loizidou, M., 2009. "Exergy analysis in a wind speed prognostic model as a wind farm sitting selection tool: A case study in Southern Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2411-2420, November.
- Iniyan, S & Sumathy, K, 2000. "An optimal renewable energy model for various end-uses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 563-575.
- Haidar, Ahmed M.A. & John, Priscilla N. & Shawal, Mohd, 2011. "Optimal configuration assessment of renewable energy in Malaysia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 881-888.
- Iniyan, S & Suganthi, L & Jagadeesan, T.R & Samuel, Anand A, 2000. "Reliability based socio economic optimal renewable energy model for India," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 291-297.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- Niknam, Taher & Firouzi, Bahman Bahmani, 2009. "A practical algorithm for distribution state estimation including renewable energy sources," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2309-2316.
- G. Xydis & C. Koroneos, 2009. "Alternative scenarios of the utilisation of renewable energy sources in small prefectures: a case study in Lasithi Prefecture, Greece," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 31(1), pages 61-87.
- Hainoun, A. & Seif Aldin, M. & Almoustafa, S., 2010. "Formulating an optimal long-term energy supply strategy for Syria using MESSAGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1701-1714, April.
- Ucar, Aynur & Balo, Figen, 2009. "Evaluation of wind energy potential and electricity generation at six locations in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1864-1872, October.
- Koo, Jamin & Park, Kyungtae & Shin, Dongil & Yoon, En Sup, 2011. "Economic evaluation of renewable energy systems under varying scenarios and its implications to Korea's renewable energy plan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2254-2260, June.
- Mendes, Gonçalo & Ioakimidis, Christos & Ferrão, Paulo, 2011. "On the planning and analysis of Integrated Community Energy Systems: A review and survey of available tools," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4836-4854.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Mavrogiannis, Ioannis & Karapanagiotis, Nikolas & Tselepis, Stathis & Agoris, Dimosthenis, 2004. "An analysis of the Greek photovoltaic market," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 49-72, February.
- Brand, Bernhard & Zingerle, Jonas, 2011. "The renewable energy targets of the Maghreb countries: Impact on electricity supply and conventional power markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 4411-4419, August.
- C.J. Koroneos & G. Xydis, 2005. "Sustainable development of the Prefecture of Kephalonia," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(4), pages 243-257.
- Koroneos, C. & Xydis, G. & Polyzakis, A., 2010. "The optimal use of renewable energy sources--The case of the new international "Makedonia" airport of Thessaloniki, Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1622-1628, August.
- Jaramillo, O.A. & Borja, M.A. & Huacuz, J.M., 2004. "Using hydropower to complement wind energy: a hybrid system to provide firm power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1887-1909.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kavadias, K.A. & Filios, A.E., 2009. "A new computational algorithm for the calculation of maximum wind energy penetration in autonomous electrical generation systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1011-1023, July.
- Dong, C. & Huang, G.H. & Cai, Y.P. & Liu, Y., 2012. "An inexact optimization modeling approach for supporting energy systems planning and air pollution mitigation in Beijing city," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 673-688.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Papadopoulou, Eleni & Katsiri, Alexandra & Papadopoulos, Agis M., 2008. "Supporting schemes for renewable energy sources and their impact on reducing the emissions of greenhouse gases in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(7), pages 1767-1788, September.
- Stefan Kruger Nielsen & Kenneth Karlsson, 2007. "Energy scenarios: a review of methods, uses and suggestions for improvement," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 27(3), pages 302-322.
- Gómez, Antonio & Zubizarreta, Javier & Rodrigues, Marcos & Dopazo, César & Fueyo, Norberto, 2010. "Potential and cost of electricity generation from human and animal waste in Spain," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 498-505.
- Singh, Parm Pal & Singh, Sukhmeet, 2010. "Realistic generation cost of solar photovoltaic electricity," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 563-569.
- Möst, Dominik & Fichtner, Wolf, 2010. "Renewable energy sources in European energy supply and interactions with emission trading," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2898-2910, June.
- Lund, H. & Möller, B. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Dyrelund, A., 2010. "The role of district heating in future renewable energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1381-1390.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Assoumou, Edi & Marmorat, Jean-Paul & Roy, Valérie, 2015. "Investigating long-term energy and CO2 mitigation options at city scale: A technical analysis for the city of Bologna," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 592-611.
- Zhu, Y. & Li, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Fu, D.Z., 2013. "Modeling for planning municipal electric power systems associated with air pollution control – A case study of Beijing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 168-186.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimization model; Techno-economic tool; Energy system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:9:p:6705-6716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.