Contribution of SHP Stations to the development of an area and their social acceptance
The global community, but also the European Union particularly, has launched in recent years a series of actions and measures for the promotion of the renewable energy sources (RES) in the context of dealing with the climate change. Small hydropower (SHP) stations can play a vital role in the increasing energy demand, helping to reduce the mankind dependence to the fossil fuels. In addition, SHP stations have significant advantages as they contribute to the development of the local economy and to the reduction of the environmental pollution.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Houri, Ahmad, 2006. "Prospects and challenges of using hydropower for electricity generation in Lebanon," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1686-1697.
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2006. "Techno-economics of micro-hydro projects for decentralized power supply in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1161-1174, July.
- de Almeida, Aníbal T. & Moura, Pedro S. & Marques, Alféu S. & de Almeida, José L., 2005. "Multi-impact evaluation of new medium and large hydropower plants in Portugal centre region," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 149-167, April.
- Yüksel, Ibrahim, 2008. "Hydropower in Turkey for a clean and sustainable energy future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 1622-1640, August.
- Greenberg, Michael, 2009. "Energy sources, public policy, and public preferences: Analysis of US national and site-specific data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3242-3249, August.
- Dailami, Mansoor & Leipziger, Danny, 1997.
"Infrastructure project finance and capital flows : a new perspective,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1861, The World Bank.
- Dailami, Mansoor & Leipziger, Danny, 1998. "Infrastructure Project Finance and Capital Flows: A New Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1283-1298, July.
- Malesios, Chrisovalantis & Arabatzis, Garyfallos, 2010. "Small hydropower stations in Greece: The local people's attitudes in a mountainous prefecture," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2492-2510, December.
- Pokharel, Shaligram, 2003. "Promotional issues on alternative energy technologies in Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 307-318, March.
- Yüksel, Ibrahim, 2010. "Hydropower for sustainable water and energy development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 462-469, January.
- Kaldellis, J.K., 2008. "Critical evaluation of the hydropower applications in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 218-234, January.
- Punys, Petras & Pelikan, Bernhard, 2007. "Review of small hydropower in the new Member States and Candidate Countries in the context of the enlarged European Union," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(7), pages 1321-1360, September.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Vlachou, D. S. & Korbakis, G., 2005. "Techno-economic evaluation of small hydro power plants in Greece: a complete sensitivity analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1969-1985, October.
- Yuksek, Omer & Komurcu, Murat Ihsan & Yuksel, Ibrahim & Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2006. "The role of hydropower in meeting Turkey's electric energy demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3093-3103, November.
- Kaldellis, J.K., 2007. "The contribution of small hydro power stations to the electricity generation in Greece: Technical and economic considerations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2187-2196, April.
- Bergmann, Ariel & Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nick, 2008. "Rural versus urban preferences for renewable energy developments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 616-625, April.
- Bartle, Alison, 2002. "Hydropower potential and development activities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1231-1239, November.
- del Río, Pablo & Burguillo, Mercedes, 2009. "An empirical analysis of the impact of renewable energy deployment on local sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1314-1325, August.
- Dudhani, Surekha & Sinha, A.K. & Inamdar, S.S., 2006. "Assessment of small hydropower potential using remote sensing data for sustainable development in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3195-3205, November.
- Ozturk, Murat & Bezir, Nalan Cicek & Ozek, Nuri, 2009. "Hydropower-water and renewable energy in Turkey: Sources and policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 605-615, April.
- Balat, Havva, 2007. "A renewable perspective for sustainable energy development in Turkey: The case of small hydropower plants," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(9), pages 2152-2165, December.
- Zoellner, Jan & Schweizer-Ries, Petra & Wemheuer, Christin, 2008. "Public acceptance of renewable energies: Results from case studies in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4136-4141, November.
- Caetano de Souza, Antonio Carlos, 2008. "Assessment and statistics of Brazilian hydroelectric power plants: Dam areas versus installed and firm power," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(7), pages 1843-1863, September.
- Kucukali, Serhat, 2010. "Municipal water supply dams as a source of small hydropower in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2001-2007.
- Rogers, J.C. & Simmons, E.A. & Convery, I. & Weatherall, A., 2008. "Public perceptions of opportunities for community-based renewable energy projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4217-4226, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:8:p:3909-3917. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.