Optimal installation of small hydropower plant—A review
Most of the countries have access to large amounts of water through rivers and canal. With this renewable resource, electricity can be generated without polluting the environment. Because of the increasing in electricity demand, it is important to estimate the future potential of hydropower. It would then be possible to plan development through mix of energy and implement measures to control the development of the electricity market by the use of sustainable small hydropower projects.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dursun, Bahtiyar & Gokcol, Cihan, 2011. "The role of hydroelectric power and contribution of small hydropower plants for sustainable development in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1227-1235.
- Williams, A.A. & Simpson, R., 2009. "Pico hydro – Reducing technical risks for rural electrification," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1986-1991.
- Yüksel, Ibrahim, 2010. "Hydropower for sustainable water and energy development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 462-469, January.
- Yuksel, I., 2010. "As a renewable energy hydropower for sustainable development in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3213-3219, December.
- Forouzbakhsh, F. & Hosseini, S.M.H. & Vakilian, M., 2007. "An approach to the investment analysis of small and medium hydro-power plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1013-1024, February.
- Ogayar, B. & Vidal, P.G. & Hernandez, J.C., 2009. "Analysis of the cost for the refurbishment of small hydropower plants," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2501-2509.
- Voros, N.G. & Kiranoudis, C.T. & Maroulis, Z.B., 2000. "Short-cut design of small hydroelectric plants," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 545-563.
- Hosseini, S. M. H. & Forouzbakhsh, F. & Rahimpoor, M., 2005. "Determination of the optimal installation capacity of small hydro-power plants through the use of technical, economic and reliability indices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1948-1956, October.
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2006. "Techno-economics of micro-hydro projects for decentralized power supply in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1161-1174, July.
- Paish, Oliver, 2002. "Small hydro power: technology and current status," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 537-556, December.
- Tanwar, Nitin, 2007. "Clean development mechanism and off-grid small-scale hydropower projects: Evaluation of additionality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 714-721, January.
- Karlis, Athanassios D & Papadopoulos, Demetrios P, 2000. "A systematic assessment of the technical feasibility and economic viability of small hydroelectric system installations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 253-262.
- Singal, S.K. & Saini, R.P., 2008. "Analytical approach for development of correlations for cost of canal-based SHP schemes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2549-2558.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Vlachou, D. S. & Korbakis, G., 2005. "Techno-economic evaluation of small hydro power plants in Greece: a complete sensitivity analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1969-1985, October.
- Bøckman, Thor & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Juliussen, Erik & Langhammer, Håvard & Revdal, Ingemar, 2006.
"Investment timing and optimal capacity choice for small hydropower projects,"
2693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Dec 2006.
- Bøckman, Thor & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Juliussen, Erik & Langhammer, Håvard J. & Revdal, Ingemar, 2008. "Investment timing and optimal capacity choice for small hydropower projects," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 255-267, October.
- Kaldellis, J.K., 2007. "The contribution of small hydro power stations to the electricity generation in Greece: Technical and economic considerations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2187-2196, April.
- Purohit, Pallav, 2008. "Small hydro power projects under clean development mechanism in India: A preliminary assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2000-2015, June.
- Ogayar, B. & Vidal, P.G., 2009. "Cost determination of the electro-mechanical equipment of a small hydro-power plant," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 6-13.
- Montanari, R., 2003. "Criteria for the economic planning of a low power hydroelectric plant," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 2129-2145.
- Dudhani, Surekha & Sinha, A.K. & Inamdar, S.S., 2006. "Assessment of small hydropower potential using remote sensing data for sustainable development in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3195-3205, November.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2007. "The determinants of cost efficiency of hydroelectric generating plants: A random frontier approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4463-4470, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:8:p:3862-3869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.