A review on process conditions for optimum bio-oil yield in hydrothermal liquefaction of biomass
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goyal, H.B. & Seal, Diptendu & Saxena, R.C., 2008. "Bio-fuels from thermochemical conversion of renewable resources: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 504-517, February.
- Zhong, Chongli & Wei, Xiaomin, 2004. "A comparative experimental study on the liquefaction of wood," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1731-1741.
- Effendi, A. & Gerhauser, H. & Bridgwater, A.V., 2008. "Production of renewable phenolic resins by thermochemical conversion of biomass: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(8), pages 2092-2116, October.
- Akhtar, Javaid & Kuang, Soo Kim & Amin, NorAishah Saidina, 2010. "Liquefaction of empty palm fruit bunch (EPFB) in alkaline hot compressed water," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1220-1227.
- Kelly-Yong, Tau Len & Lee, Keat Teong & Mohamed, Abdul Rahman & Bhatia, Subhash, 2007. "Potential of hydrogen from oil palm biomass as a source of renewable energy worldwide," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5692-5701, November.
- Naik, S.N. & Goud, Vaibhav V. & Rout, Prasant K. & Dalai, Ajay K., 2010. "Production of first and second generation biofuels: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 578-597, February.
- Qu, Yixin & Wei, Xiaomin & Zhong, Chongli, 2003. "Experimental study on the direct liquefaction of Cunninghamia lanceolata in water," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 597-606.
- Yuan, X.Z. & Li, H. & Zeng, G.M. & Tong, J.Y. & Xie, W., 2007. "Sub- and supercritical liquefaction of rice straw in the presence of ethanol–water and 2-propanol–water mixture," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2081-2088.
- Guo, Y. & Wang, S.Z. & Xu, D.H. & Gong, Y.M. & Ma, H.H. & Tang, X.Y., 2010. "Review of catalytic supercritical water gasification for hydrogen production from biomass," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 334-343, January.
- Shuping, Zou & Yulong, Wu & Mingde, Yang & Kaleem, Imdad & Chun, Li & Tong, Junmao, 2010. "Production and characterization of bio-oil from hydrothermal liquefaction of microalgae Dunaliella tertiolecta cake," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5406-5411.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Déniel, Maxime & Haarlemmer, Geert & Roubaud, Anne & Weiss-Hortala, Elsa & Fages, Jacques, 2016. "Energy valorisation of food processing residues and model compounds by hydrothermal liquefaction," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1632-1652.
- Zhu, Zhe & Toor, Saqib Sohail & Rosendahl, Lasse & Yu, Donghong & Chen, Guanyi, 2015. "Influence of alkali catalyst on product yield and properties via hydrothermal liquefaction of barley straw," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 284-292.
- Dimitriadis, Athanasios & Bezergianni, Stella, 2017. "Hydrothermal liquefaction of various biomass and waste feedstocks for biocrude production: A state of the art review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 113-125.
- Raheem, Abdul & Wan Azlina, W.A.K.G. & Taufiq Yap, Y.H. & Danquah, Michael K. & Harun, Razif, 2015. "Thermochemical conversion of microalgal biomass for biofuel production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 990-999.
- Brand, Steffen & Hardi, Flabianus & Kim, Jaehoon & Suh, Dong Jin, 2014. "Effect of heating rate on biomass liquefaction: Differences between subcritical water and supercritical ethanol," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 420-427.
- Maity, Sunil K., 2015. "Opportunities, recent trends and challenges of integrated biorefinery: Part II," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1446-1466.
- Brand, Steffen & Susanti, Ratna Frida & Kim, Seok Ki & Lee, Hong-shik & Kim, Jaehoon & Sang, Byung-In, 2013. "Supercritical ethanol as an enhanced medium for lignocellulosic biomass liquefaction: Influence of physical process parameters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 173-182.
- Bi, Zheting & Zhang, Ji & Zhu, Zeying & Liang, Yanna & Wiltowski, Tomasz, 2018. "Generating biocrude from partially defatted Cryptococcus curvatus yeast residues through catalytic hydrothermal liquefaction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 209(C), pages 435-444.
- Awalludin, Mohd Fahmi & Sulaiman, Othman & Hashim, Rokiah & Nadhari, Wan Noor Aidawati Wan, 2015. "An overview of the oil palm industry in Malaysia and its waste utilization through thermochemical conversion, specifically via liquefaction," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1469-1484.
- Kaur, Ravneet & Gera, Poonam & Jha, Mithilesh Kumar & Bhaskar, Thallada, 2019. "Reaction parameters effect on hydrothermal liquefaction of castor (Ricinus Communis) residue for energy and valuable hydrocarbons recovery," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1026-1041.
- Yang, Jie & (Sophia) He, Quan & Yang, Linxi, 2019. "A review on hydrothermal co-liquefaction of biomass," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 250(C), pages 926-945.
- Yuan, Chuan & Wang, Shuang & Cao, Bin & Hu, Yamin & Abomohra, Abd El-Fatah & Wang, Qian & Qian, Lili & Liu, Lu & Liu, Xinlin & He, Zhixia & Sun, Chaoqun & Feng, Yongqiang & Zhang, Bo, 2019. "Optimization of hydrothermal co-liquefaction of seaweeds with lignocellulosic biomass: Merging 2nd and 3rd generation feedstocks for enhanced bio-oil production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 413-422.
- Ahmed, Ashfaq & Abu Bakar, Muhammad S. & Azad, Abul K. & Sukri, Rahayu S. & Mahlia, Teuku Meurah Indra, 2018. "Potential thermochemical conversion of bioenergy from Acacia species in Brunei Darussalam: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 3060-3076.
- Ong, Hwai Chyuan & Chen, Wei-Hsin & Farooq, Abid & Gan, Yong Yang & Lee, Keat Teong & Ashokkumar, Veeramuthu, 2019. "Catalytic thermochemical conversion of biomass for biofuel production: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1-1.
- Nizamuddin, Sabzoi & Baloch, Humair Ahmed & Griffin, G.J. & Mubarak, N.M. & Bhutto, Abdul Waheed & Abro, Rashid & Mazari, Shaukat Ali & Ali, Brahim Si, 2017. "An overview of effect of process parameters on hydrothermal carbonization of biomass," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1289-1299.
- Jun Sheng Teh & Yew Heng Teoh & Heoy Geok How & Thanh Danh Le & Yeoh Jun Jie Jason & Huu Tho Nguyen & Dong Lin Loo, 2021. "The Potential of Sustainable Biomass Producer Gas as a Waste-to-Energy Alternative in Malaysia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-31, April.
- Suopajärvi, Hannu & Pongrácz, Eva & Fabritius, Timo, 2013. "The potential of using biomass-based reducing agents in the blast furnace: A review of thermochemical conversion technologies and assessments related to sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 511-528.
- Amutio, M. & Lopez, G. & Artetxe, M. & Elordi, G. & Olazar, M. & Bilbao, J., 2012. "Influence of temperature on biomass pyrolysis in a conical spouted bed reactor," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 23-31.
- Ozturk, Munir & Saba, Naheed & Altay, Volkan & Iqbal, Rizwan & Hakeem, Khalid Rehman & Jawaid, Mohammad & Ibrahim, Faridah Hanum, 2017. "Biomass and bioenergy: An overview of the development potential in Turkey and Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1285-1302.
- Pravakar Mohanty & Kamal K. Pant & Ritesh Mittal, 2015. "Hydrogen generation from biomass materials: challenges and opportunities," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 139-155, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBiomass Liquefaction Supercritical Hydrothermal Bio-oil;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:3:p:1615-1624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.