Is energy the key to pursuing clean air and water at the city level? A case study of Jinan City, China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuriqi, Alban & Pinheiro, António N. & Sordo-Ward, Alvaro & Garrote, Luis, 2019. "Flow regime aspects in determining environmental flows and maximising energy production at run-of-river hydropower plants," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 256(C).
- Heran Zheng & Jing Meng & Zhifu Mi & Malin Song & Yuli Shan & Jiamin Ou & Dabo Guan, 2019. "Linking city‐level input–output table to urban energy footprint: Construction framework and application," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 23(4), pages 781-795, August.
- Zhang, Dahai & Wang, Jiaqi & Lin, Yonggang & Si, Yulin & Huang, Can & Yang, Jing & Huang, Bin & Li, Wei, 2017. "Present situation and future prospect of renewable energy in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 865-871.
- Zhang, Xiaohan & Winchester, Niven & Zhang, Xiliang, 2017. "The future of coal in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 644-652.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," Working Papers id:7559, eSocialSciences.
- Schulz, Niels B., 2010. "Delving into the carbon footprints of Singapore--comparing direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions of a small and open economic system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4848-4855, September.
- Wang, Xuan & Chen, Weiqi & Zhang, Luoping & Jin, Di & Lu, Changyi, 2010. "Estimating the ecosystem service losses from proposed land reclamation projects: A case study in Xiamen," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2549-2556, October.
- Mi, Zhifu & Zhang, Yunkun & Guan, Dabo & Shan, Yuli & Liu, Zhu & Cong, Ronggang & Yuan, Xiao-Chen & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"Consumption-based emission accounting for Chinese cities,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1073-1081.
- Mi, Zhifu & Zhang, Yunkun & Dabo Guan & Shan, Yuli & Zhu Liu & Cong, Ronggang & Yuan, Xiao-Chen & Wei, Yi-Ming, "undated". "Consumption-based emission accounting for Chinese cities," Working Paper 428381, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Liu, Wen & Lund, Henrik & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Zhang, Xiliang, 2011. "Potential of renewable energy systems in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 518-525, February.
- Li, Li & Chen, Changhong & Xie, Shichen & Huang, Cheng & Cheng, Zhen & Wang, Hongli & Wang, Yangjun & Huang, Haiying & Lu, Jun & Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2010. "Energy demand and carbon emissions under different development scenarios for Shanghai, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4797-4807, September.
- Su, Yongxian & Chen, Xiuzhi & Li, Yong & Liao, Jishan & Ye, Yuyao & Zhang, Hongou & Huang, Ningsheng & Kuang, Yaoqiu, 2014. "China׳s 19-year city-level carbon emissions of energy consumptions, driving forces and regionalized mitigation guidelines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 231-243.
- You, C.F. & Xu, X.C., 2010. "Coal combustion and its pollution control in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 4467-4472.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Xuecheng Wang & Xu Tang & Zhenhua Feng & Yi Zhang, 2019. "Characterizing the Embodied Carbon Emissions Flows and Ecological Relationships among Four Chinese Megacities and Other Provinces," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-19, May.
- Zhang, Hong & Jin, Gui & Zhang, Zhengyu, 2021. "Coupling system of carbon emission and social economy: A review," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 167(C).
- Xinlin Zhang & Yuan Zhao & Qi Sun & Changjian Wang, 2017. "Decomposition and Attribution Analysis of Industrial Carbon Intensity Changes in Xinjiang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-16, March.
- Zafrilla, Jorge-Enrique & Arce, Guadalupe & Cadarso, María-Ángeles & Córcoles, Carmen & Gómez, Nuria & López, Luis-Antonio & Monsalve, Fabio & Tobarra, María-Ángeles, 2019. "Triple bottom line analysis of the Spanish solar photovoltaic sector: A footprint assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
- Jiang, Lei & He, Shixiong & Zhong, Zhangqi & Zhou, Haifeng & He, Lingyun, 2019. "Revisiting environmental kuznets curve for carbon dioxide emissions: The role of trade," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 245-257.
- Xiao, Hongwei & Ma, Zhongyu & Mi, Zhifu & Kelsey, John & Zheng, Jiali & Yin, Weihua & Yan, Min, 2018. "Spatio-temporal simulation of energy consumption in China's provinces based on satellite night-time light data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 1070-1078.
- Chen, Kaihua & Ren, Zhipeng & Mu, Shijun & Sun, Tara Qian & Mu, Rongping, 2020. "Integrating the Delphi survey into scenario planning for China's renewable energy development strategy towards 2030," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
- Cai, Bofeng & Lu, Jun & Wang, Jinnan & Dong, Huijuan & Liu, Xiaoman & Chen, Yang & Chen, Zhanming & Cong, Jianhui & Cui, Zhipeng & Dai, Chunyan & Fang, Kai & Feng, Tong & Guo, Jie & Li, Fen & Meng, Fa, 2019. "A benchmark city-level carbon dioxide emission inventory for China in 2005," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 659-673.
- Chuyu Xia & Yan Li & Yanmei Ye & Zhou Shi & Jingming Liu, 2017. "Decomposed Driving Factors of Carbon Emissions and Scenario Analyses of Low-Carbon Transformation in 2020 and 2030 for Zhejiang Province," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-16, October.
- Tu, Qiang & Betz, Regina & Mo, Jianlei & Fan, Ying, 2019. "The profitability of onshore wind and solar PV power projects in China - A comparative study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 404-417.
- Zhou, Kaile & Yang, Shanlin & Shen, Chao & Ding, Shuai & Sun, Chaoping, 2015. "Energy conservation and emission reduction of China’s electric power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 10-19.
- Liu, Xiaoyu & Duan, Zhiyuan & Shan, Yuli & Duan, Haiyan & Wang, Shuo & Song, Junnian & Wang, Xian'en, 2019. "Low-carbon developments in Northeast China: Evidence from cities," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 1019-1033.
- Tan, Ling Min & Arbabi, Hadi & Brockway, Paul E. & Densley Tingley, Danielle & Mayfield, Martin, 2019. "An ecological-thermodynamic approach to urban metabolism: Measuring resource utilization with open system network effectiveness analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Hansen, Kenneth & Breyer, Christian & Lund, Henrik, 2019. "Status and perspectives on 100% renewable energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 471-480.
- Chen, Shaoqing & Zhu, Feiyao, 2019. "Unveiling key drivers of urban embodied and controlled carbon footprints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 835-845.
- Kuriqi, Alban & Pinheiro, António N. & Sordo-Ward, Alvaro & Bejarano, María D. & Garrote, Luis, 2021. "Ecological impacts of run-of-river hydropower plants—Current status and future prospects on the brink of energy transition," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 142(C).
- Wang, Ying & Zhang, Dayong & Ji, Qiang & Shi, Xunpeng, 2020. "Regional renewable energy development in China: A multidimensional assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 124(C).
- Bi, Jun & Zhang, Rongrong & Wang, Haikun & Liu, Miaomiao & Wu, Yi, 2011. "The benchmarks of carbon emissions and policy implications for China's cities: Case of Nanjing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4785-4794, September.
- Dongxiao Niu & Hao Zhen & Min Yu & Keke Wang & Lijie Sun & Xiaomin Xu, 2020. "Prioritization of Renewable Energy Alternatives for China by Using a Hybrid FMCDM Methodology with Uncertain Information," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-26, June.
- Ma, Xiaotian & Zhang, Tianzuo & Ji, Changxing & Zhai, Yijie & Shen, Xiaoxu & Hong, Jinglan, 2021. "Threats to human health and ecosystem: Looking for air-pollution related damage since 1990," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
More about this item
KeywordsCity level; Air pollution; Water pollution; Energy consumption; Environmental impact; Economic burden;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:134:y:2020:i:c:s1364032120306419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.