Envisaging wastewater-to-energy practices for sustainable urban water pollution control: Current achievements and future prospects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- United Nations UN, 2015. "Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," Working Papers id:7559, eSocialSciences.
- Zhen, Guangyin & Lu, Xueqin & Kato, Hiroyuki & Zhao, Youcai & Li, Yu-You, 2017. "Overview of pretreatment strategies for enhancing sewage sludge disintegration and subsequent anaerobic digestion: Current advances, full-scale application and future perspectives," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 559-577.
- Zhen, Guangyin & Pan, Yang & Lu, Xueqin & Li, Yu-You & Zhang, Zhongyi & Niu, Chengxin & Kumar, Gopalakrishnan & Kobayashi, Takuro & Zhao, Youcai & Xu, Kaiqin, 2019. "Anaerobic membrane bioreactor towards biowaste biorefinery and chemical energy harvest: Recent progress, membrane fouling and future perspectives," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Wei, Jing & Hao, Xiaodi & van Loosdrecht, Mark C.M. & Li, Ji, 2018. "Feasibility analysis of anaerobic digestion of excess sludge enhanced by iron: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 16-26.
- Yang, Zhiman & Guo, Rongbo & Xu, Xiaohui & Fan, Xiaolei & Luo, Shengjun, 2011. "Fermentative hydrogen production from lipid-extracted microalgal biomass residues," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3468-3472.
- Huang, Bao-Cheng & Lu, Yan & Li, Wen-Wei, 2020. "Exploiting the energy potential of municipal wastewater in China by incorporating tailored anaerobic treatment processes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 534-540.
- Huang, Bao-Cheng & Li, Wen-Wei & Wang, Xu & Lu, Yan & Yu, Han-Qing, 2019. "Customizing anaerobic digestion-coupled processes for energy-positive and sustainable treatment of municipal wastewater," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 132-142.
- Fagbohungbe, Michael O. & Komolafe, Abiodun O. & Okere, Uchechukwu V., 2019. "Renewable hydrogen anaerobic fermentation technology: Problems and potentials," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yan, Peng & Shi, Hong-Xin & Chen, You-Peng & Gao, Xu & Fang, Fang & Guo, Jin-Song, 2020. "Optimization of recovery and utilization pathway of chemical energy from wastewater pollutants by a net-zero energy wastewater treatment model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Schlör, Holger & Venghaus, Sandra & Hake, Jürgen-Friedrich, 2018. "The FEW-Nexus city index – Measuring urban resilience," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 382-392.
- Sagarika Dey & Priyanka Devi, 2019. "Impact of TVET on Labour Market Outcomes and Womenâ€™s Empowerment in Rural Areas: A Case Study from Cachar District, Assam," Indian Journal of Human Development, , vol. 13(3), pages 357-371, December.
- Jones, Lindsey & d'Errico, Marco, 2019. "Whose resilience matters? Like-for-like comparison of objective and subjective evaluations of resilience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-1.
- Sudheesh Ramapurath Chemmencheri, 2016. "Social Protection as a Human Right in South Asia," Indian Journal of Human Development, , vol. 10(2), pages 236-252, August.
- Ingrid Boas & Frank Biermann & Norichika Kanie, 2016. "Cross-sectoral strategies in global sustainability governance: towards a nexus approach," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 449-464, June.
- Cheick Sidya Sidibé & Ousmane Touré & Jacqueline E W Broerse & Marjolein Dieleman, 2019. "Rural pipeline and willingness to work in rural areas: Mixed method study on students in midwifery and obstetric nursing in Mali," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(9), pages 1-13, September.
- Jiahua PAN, 2017. "Implementation of the Targets Set in the Paris Agreement Through Transformative Development – Solution to the “Paradox of Al Gore”," Chinese Journal of Urban and Environmental Studies (CJUES), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(03), pages 1-11, September.
- Fernanda Guedes & Alexandre Szklo & Pedro Rochedo & Frédéric Lantz & Leticia Magalar & Eveline Maria Vásquez Arroyo, 2018. "Climate-Energy-Water Nexus in Brazilian Oil Refineries," Working Papers hal-03188594, HAL.
- Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh & Thorne-Lyman, Andrew & Webb, Patrick & Bogard, Jessica Rose & Subasinghe, Rohana & Phillips, Michael John & Allison, Edward Hugh, 2016. "Sustaining healthy diets: The role of capture fisheries and aquaculture for improving nutrition in the post-2015 era," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 126-131.
- Jussi T. S. Heikkila, 2020.
"Classifying economics for the common good: Connecting sustainable development goals to JEL codes,"
- Heikkilä, Jussi, 2020. "Classifying Economics for the Common Good: Connecting Sustainable Development Goals to JEL Codes," MPRA Paper 99559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carvalho, Ricardo L. & Lindgren, Robert & García-López, Natxo & Nyambane, Anne & Nyberg, Gert & Diaz-Chavez, Rocio & Boman, Christoffer, 2019. "Household air pollution mitigation with integrated biomass/cookstove strategies in Western Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 168-186.
- Lankford, B. & Makin, Ian & Matthews, N. & McCornick, Peter G. & Noble, A. & Shah, Tushaar, "undated". "A compact to revitalise large-scale irrigation systems using a leadership-partnership-ownership 'Theory of Change'," Papers published in Journals (Open Access) H047459, International Water Management Institute.
- Iribarren, Diego & Martín-Gamboa, Mario & Navas-Anguita, Zaira & García-Gusano, Diego & Dufour, Javier, 2020. "Influence of climate change externalities on the sustainability-oriented prioritisation of prospective energy scenarios," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C).
- Mihai TALMACIU & Irina Teodora MANOLESCU & Stanislav PERCIC, 2020. "The Implications Of European Neighbourhood Policy On Sustainable Development Of Tourism In Eastern European Countries," EURINT, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7, pages 9-26.
- Nikos Chatzistamoulou & Phoebe Koundouri, 2020. "The Economics of Sustainable Development," DEOS Working Papers 2005, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Nadine Muller & Shannon A McMahon & Jan-Walter De Neve & Alexej Funke & Till Bärnighausen & Elsa N Rajemison & Etienne Lacroze & Julius V Emmrich & Samuel Knauss, 2020. "Facilitators and barriers to the implementation of a Mobile Health Wallet for pregnancy-related health care: A qualitative study of stakeholders’ perceptions in Madagascar," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Zhai, Yijie & Ma, Xiaotian & Gao, Feng & Zhang, Tianzuo & Hong, Jinglan & Zhang, Xu & Yuan, Xueliang & Li, Xiangzhi, 2020. "Is energy the key to pursuing clean air and water at the city level? A case study of Jinan City, China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Liu, Jing & Hertel, Thomas & Lammers, Richard & Prusevich, Alexander & Baldos, Uris & Grogan, Danielle & Frolking, Steve, 2016. "Achieving Sustainable Irrigation Water Withdrawals: Global Impacts on Food Production and Land Use," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235503, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Loconto, Allison & Desquilbet, Marion & Moreau, Théo & Couvet, Denis & Dorin, Bruno, 2020. "The land sparing – land sharing controversy: Tracing the politics of knowledge," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C).
More about this item
KeywordsAnaerobic conversion; Bioenergy recovery; Municipal wastewater; Organic carbon; Pollution control; Sustainability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:134:y:2020:i:c:s1364032120304251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.