Energy production, consumption, and environmental pollution for sustainable development: A case study in Turkey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuksek, Omer & Komurcu, Murat Ihsan & Yuksel, Ibrahim & Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2006. "The role of hydropower in meeting Turkey's electric energy demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3093-3103, November.
- Ozgener, Onder & Hepbasli, Arif, 2007. "A review on the energy and exergy analysis of solar assisted heat pump systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 482-496, April.
- Kaya, Durmus, 2006. "Renewable energy policies in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 152-163, April.
- Kaygusuz, K. & Türker, M.F., 2002. "Biomass energy potential in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 661-678.
- Kaygusuz, Kamil & Kaygusuz, Abdullah, 2004. "Geothermal energy in Turkey: the sustainable future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 545-563, December.
- Say, Nuriye Peker, 2006. "Lignite-fired thermal power plants and SO2 pollution in Turkey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2690-2701, November.
- Bulut, Hüsamettin, 2004. "Typical solar radiation year for southeastern Anatolia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1477-1488.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massa, Isabella, 2015. "Technological change in developing countries: Trade-offs between economic, social, and environmental sustainability," MERIT Working Papers 051, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Phillips, Jason, 2010. "Evaluating the level and nature of sustainable development for a geothermal power plant," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2414-2425, October.
- Yang, Xi & Teng, Fei & Wang, Gehua, 2013. "Incorporating environmental co-benefits into climate policies: A regional study of the cement industry in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1446-1453.
- El Fadel, M. & Rachid, G. & El-Samra, R. & Bou Boutros, G. & Hashisho, J., 2013. "Knowledge management mapping and gap analysis in renewable energy: Towards a sustainable framework in developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 576-584.
- Bakirci, Kadir, 2010. "Evaluation of the performance of a ground-source heat-pump system with series GHE (ground heat exchanger) in the cold climate region," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3088-3096.
- Gottschamer, L. & Zhang, Q., 2016. "Interactions of factors impacting implementation and sustainability of renewable energy sourced electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 164-174.
- Zhu, Qinghua, 2016. "Institutional pressures and support from industrial zones for motivating sustainable production among Chinese manufacturers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PB), pages 402-409.
- Gabbasa, Mohamed & Sopian, Kamaruzzaman & Yaakob, Zahira & Faraji Zonooz, M.Reza & Fudholi, Ahmad & Asim, Nilofar, 2013. "Review of the energy supply status for sustainable development in the Organization of Islamic Conference," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 18-28.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:1285-1302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Büyüközkan, Gülçin & Güleryüz, Sezin, 2017. "Evaluation of Renewable Energy Resources in Turkey using an integrated MCDM approach with linguistic interval fuzzy preference relations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 149-163.
- Ozyurt, Omer & Ekinci, Dundar Arif, 2011. "Experimental study of vertical ground-source heat pump performance evaluation for cold climate in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1257-1265, April.
- El Fadel, M. & Rachid, G. & El-Samra, R. & Bou Boutros, G. & Hashisho, J., 2013. "Emissions reduction and economic implications of renewable energy market penetration of power generation for residential consumption in the MENA region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 618-627.
- Ozyurt, O., 2010. "Energy issues and renewables for sustainable development in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2976-2985, December.
- Solangi, K.H. & Islam, M.R. & Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Fayaz, H., 2011. "A review on global solar energy policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 2149-2163, May.
- Bakirci, Kadir & Ozyurt, Omer & Comakli, Kemal & Comakli, Omer, 2011. "Energy analysis of a solar-ground source heat pump system with vertical closed-loop for heating applications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3224-3232.
- Omri, Emna & Chtourou, Nouri & Bazin, Damien, 2015. "Solar thermal energy for sustainable development in Tunisia: The case of the PROSOL project," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1312-1323.
- Noor, Zainura Zainon & Yusuf, Rafiu Olasunkanmi & Abba, Ahmad Halilu & Abu Hassan, Mohd Ariffin & Mohd Din, Mohd Fadhil, 2013. "An overview for energy recovery from municipal solid wastes (MSW) in Malaysia scenario," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 378-384.
- Yusuf, Rafiu O. & Noor, Zainura Z. & Abba, Ahmad H. & Hassan, Mohd Ariffin Abu & Din, Mohd Fadhil Mohd, 2012. "Methane emission by sectors: A comprehensive review of emission sources and mitigation methods," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5059-5070.
- Sajjad, H. & Masjuki, H.H. & Varman, M. & Kalam, M.A. & Arbab, M.I. & Imtenan, S. & Rahman, S.M. Ashrafur, 2014. "Engine combustion, performance and emission characteristics of gas to liquid (GTL) fuels and its blends with diesel and bio-diesel," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 961-986.
- Bakirci, Kadir & Colak, Derya, 2012. "Effect of a superheating and sub-cooling heat exchanger to the performance of a ground source heat pump system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 996-1004.
- Pasimeni, Maria Rita & Petrosillo, Irene & Aretano, Roberta & Semeraro, Teodoro & De Marco, Antonella & Zaccarelli, Nicola & Zurlini, Giovanni, 2014. "Scales, strategies and actions for effective energy planning: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 165-174.
- Zangeneh, Ali & Jadid, Shahram & Rahimi-Kian, Ashkan, 2009. "Promotion strategy of clean technologies in distributed generation expansion planning," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2765-2773.
- Sözen, Adnan & Alp, Ihsan & Özdemir, Adnan, 2010. "Assessment of operational and environmental performance of the thermal power plants in Turkey by using data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6194-6203, October.
- Daniel Ştefan Armeanu & Georgeta Vintilă & Ştefan Cristian Gherghina, 2017. "Does Renewable Energy Drive Sustainable Economic Growth? Multivariate Panel Data Evidence for EU-28 Countries," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-21, March.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy Geothermal Hydropower Solar and photovoltaics Biomass;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:12:y:2008:i:6:p:1529-1561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.