Renewable energy sources for clean and sustainable energy policies in Turkey
Energy is an essential factor to achieve sustainable development. So, countries striving to this end are seeking to reassess their energy systems with a view towards planning energy programmes and strategies in line with sustainable development goals and objectives. As would be expected, the rapid expansion of energy production and consumption has brought with it a wide range of environmental issues at the local, regional and global levels. States have played a leading role in protecting the environment by reducing emissions of greenhouse gases. Turkey is an energy importing country with more than half of the energy requirement being supplied by imports, and air pollution is becoming a great environmental concern in the country. On the other hand, Turkey's geographical location has several advantages for extensive use of most of the renewable energy sources. In this regard, renewable energy resources appear the most efficient and effective solutions for clean and sustainable energy development in Turkey. This paper provides an overview of global energy use and renewables for clean and sustainable energy policies in Turkey.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaygusuz, Kamil & Kaygusuz, Abdullah, 2002. "Renewable energy and sustainable development in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 431-453.
- Yuksek, Omer & Komurcu, Murat Ihsan & Yuksel, Ibrahim & Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2006. "The role of hydropower in meeting Turkey's electric energy demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3093-3103, November.
- Yüksel, Ibrahim, 2008. "Hydropower in Turkey for a clean and sustainable energy future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 1622-1640, August.
- Kaygusuz, Kamil & Kaygusuz, Abdullah, 2004. "Geothermal energy in Turkey: the sustainable future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 545-563, December.
- Celiktas, Melih Soner & Kocar, Gunnur, 2009. "A quadratic helix approach to evaluate the Turkish renewable energies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4959-4965, November.
- Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2009. "Energy and environmental issues relating to greenhouse gas emissions for sustainable development in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 253-270, January.
- Lund, Henrik, 2007. "Renewable energy strategies for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 912-919.
- Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2010. "Wind energy status in renewable electrical energy production in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2104-2112, September.
- Bilgen, Selçuk & Keles, Sedat & Kaygusuz, Abdullah & SarI, Ahmet & Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2008. "Global warming and renewable energy sources for sustainable development: A case study in Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 372-396, February.
- Yüksel, Ibrahim, 2008. "Global warming and renewable energy sources for sustainable development in Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 802-812.
- AkpInar, Adem & Kömürcü, Murat Ihsan & Kankal, Murat & Özölçer, Ismail HakkI & Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2008. "Energy situation and renewables in Turkey and environmental effects of energy use," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(8), pages 2013-2039, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:8:p:4132-4144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.