The geothermal potential of cities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angelis-Dimakis, Athanasios & Biberacher, Markus & Dominguez, Javier & Fiorese, Giulia & Gadocha, Sabine & Gnansounou, Edgard & Guariso, Giorgio & Kartalidis, Avraam & Panichelli, Luis & Pinedo, Irene, 2011. "Methods and tools to evaluate the availability of renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1182-1200, February.
- Nguyen, Hiep V. & Law, Ying Lam E. & Alavy, Masih & Walsh, Philip R. & Leong, Wey H. & Dworkin, Seth B., 2014. "An analysis of the factors affecting hybrid ground-source heat pump installation potential in North America," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 28-38.
- Herbert, Alan & Arthur, Simon & Chillingworth, Grace, 2013. "Thermal modelling of large scale exploitation of ground source energy in urban aquifers as a resource management tool," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 94-103.
- Ondreka, Joris & Rüsgen, Maike Inga & Stober, Ingrid & Czurda, Kurt, 2007. "GIS-supported mapping of shallow geothermal potential of representative areas in south-western Germany—Possibilities and limitations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(13), pages 2186-2200.
- Shi, Jingcheng & Chen, Wenying & Yin, Xiang, 2016. "Modelling building’s decarbonization with application of China TIMES model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1303-1312.
- Casasso, Alessandro & Sethi, Rajandrea, 2016. "G.POT: A quantitative method for the assessment and mapping of the shallow geothermal potential," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 765-773.
- Santilano, Alessandro & Donato, Assunta & Galgaro, Antonio & Montanari, Domenico & Menghini, Antonio & Viezzoli, Andrea & Di Sipio, Eloisa & Destro, Elisa & Manzella, Adele, 2016. "An integrated 3D approach to assess the geothermal heat-exchange potential: The case study of western Sicily (southern Italy)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 611-624.
- Leijon, Mats & Skoglund, Annika & Waters, Rafael & Rehn, Alf & Lindahl, Marcus, 2010. "On the physics of power, energy and economics of renewable electric energy sources – Part I," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1729-1734.
- Schiel, Kerry & Baume, Olivier & Caruso, Geoffrey & Leopold, Ulrich, 2016. "GIS-based modelling of shallow geothermal energy potential for CO2 emission mitigation in urban areas," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1023-1036.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:2:p:457-:d:132746 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gemelli, Alberto & Mancini, Adriano & Longhi, Sauro, 2011. "GIS-based energy-economic model of low temperature geothermal resources: A case study in the Italian Marche region," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2474-2483.
- repec:eee:appene:v:228:y:2018:i:c:p:1499-1505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shrestha, Gaurav & Uchida, Youhei & Yoshioka, Mayumi & Fujii, Hikari & Ioka, Seiichiro, 2015. "Assessment of development potential of ground-coupled heat pump system in Tsugaru Plain, Japan," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 249-257.
- repec:eee:renene:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:213-221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muñoz, Mauricio & Garat, Pablo & Flores-Aqueveque, Valentina & Vargas, Gabriel & Rebolledo, Sofía & Sepúlveda, Sergio & Daniele, Linda & Morata, Diego & Parada, Miguel Ángel, 2015. "Estimating low-enthalpy geothermal energy potential for district heating in Santiago basin–Chile (33.5 °S)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 186-195.
- Skoglund, Annika & Leijon, Mats & Rehn, Alf & Lindahl, Marcus & Waters, Rafael, 2010. "On the physics of power, energy and economics of renewable electric energy sources - Part II," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1735-1740.
- Sivasakthivel, T. & Murugesan, K. & Sahoo, P.K., 2015. "Study of technical, economical and environmental viability of ground source heat pump system for Himalayan cities of India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 452-462.
- Bertermann, D. & Klug, H. & Morper-Busch, L., 2015. "A pan-European planning basis for estimating the very shallow geothermal energy potentials," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 335-347.
- repec:eee:energy:v:125:y:2017:i:c:p:107-117 is not listed on IDEAS
- Voivontas, D. & Assimacopoulos, D. & Mourelatos, A. & Corominas, J., 1998. "Evaluation of Renewable Energy potential using a GIS decision support system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 333-344.
- Hähnlein, Stefanie & Bayer, Peter & Ferguson, Grant & Blum, Philipp, 2013. "Sustainability and policy for the thermal use of shallow geothermal energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 914-925.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:12:p:2090-:d:122273 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saner, Dominik & Juraske, Ronnie & Kübert, Markus & Blum, Philipp & Hellweg, Stefanie & Bayer, Peter, 2010. "Is it only CO2 that matters? A life cycle perspective on shallow geothermal systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 1798-1813, September.
- Allen, Alistair & Milenic, Dejan, 2003. "Low-enthalpy geothermal energy resources from groundwater in fluvioglacial gravels of buried valleys," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(1-2), pages 9-19, January.
- Haehnlein, Stefanie & Bayer, Peter & Blum, Philipp, 2010. "International legal status of the use of shallow geothermal energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2611-2625, December.
- García-Gil, Alejandro & Vázquez-Suñe, Enric & Alcaraz, Maria M. & Juan, Alejandro Serrano & Sánchez-Navarro, José Ángel & Montlleó, Marc & Rodríguez, Gustavo & Lao, José, 2015. "GIS-supported mapping of low-temperature geothermal potential taking groundwater flow into account," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 268-278.
- Bayer, Peter & Saner, Dominik & Bolay, Stephan & Rybach, Ladislaus & Blum, Philipp, 2012. "Greenhouse gas emission savings of ground source heat pump systems in Europe: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1256-1267.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Werner, S. & Möller, B. & Persson, U. & Boermans, T. & Trier, D. & Østergaard, P.A. & Nielsen, S., 2014. "Heat Roadmap Europe: Combining district heating with heat savings to decarbonise the EU energy system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 475-489.
- Rivera, Jaime A. & Blum, Philipp & Bayer, Peter, 2017. "Increased ground temperatures in urban areas: Estimation of the technical geothermal potential," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 388-400.
- Luminda Gunawardhana & So Kazama & Saeki Kawagoe, 2011. "Impact of Urbanization and Climate Change on Aquifer Thermal Regimes," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 25(13), pages 3247-3276, October.
- Yang, H. & Cui, P. & Fang, Z., 2010. "Vertical-borehole ground-coupled heat pumps: A review of models and systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 16-27, January.
- Rivera, Jaime A. & Blum, Philipp & Bayer, Peter, 2015. "Ground energy balance for borehole heat exchangers: Vertical fluxes, groundwater and storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1341-1351.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:8:p:1941-:d:160087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael R. Doyle & Philippe Thalmann & Aurèle Parriaux, 2016. "Underground Potential for Urban Sustainability: Mapping Resources and Their Interactions with the Deep City Method," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-17, August.
- Simon Rees & Robin Curtis, 2014. "National Deployment of Domestic Geothermal Heat Pump Technology: Observations on the UK Experience 1995–2013," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-40, August.
- Rivera, Jaime A. & Blum, Philipp & Bayer, Peter, 2015. "Analytical simulation of groundwater flow and land surface effects on thermal plumes of borehole heat exchangers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 421-433.
More about this item
KeywordsShallow geothermal energy; Geothermal potential; Direct geothermal energy use; Thermal impact; Subsurface urban heat island;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:106:y:2019:i:c:p:17-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.