Subscription equilibria with public production: Existence and regularity
We revisit the analysis of subscription equilibria in a full fledged general equilibrium model with public goods. We study the case of a nonprofit, or public, firm that produces the public good using private goods as inputs, which are to be financed by voluntary contributions (subscriptions) of households. We prove existence and generic regularity of subscription equilibria.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Villanacci, Antonio & Zenginobuz, E.Unal, 2005. "Existence and regularity of equilibria in a general equilibrium model with private provision of a public good," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4-5), pages 617-636, August.
- Antonio Villanacci & Ünal Zenginobuz, 2007.
"On the Neutrality of Redistribution in a General Equilibrium Model with Public Goods,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 9(2), pages 183-200, 04.
- Villanacci, Antonio & Zenginobuz, Unal, 2001. "On the neutrality of redistribution in a general equilibrium model with public goods," MPRA Paper 190, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Aug 2005.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 1985. "The Simple Analytics of Pure Public Good Provision," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(205), pages 103-16, February.
- Myles,Gareth D., 1995. "Public Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497695, June.
- Cornes, Richard & Hartley, Roger & Sandler, Todd, 1999.
"Equilibrium Existence and Uniqueness in Public Good Models: An Elementary Proof Via Contraction,"
Staff General Research Papers
1630, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cornes, Richard & Hartley, Roger & Sandler, Todd, 1999. " Equilibrium Existence and Uniqueness in Public Good Models: An Elementary Proof via Contraction," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 1(4), pages 499-509.
- Richard Cornes & Roger Hartley & Todd Sandler, 1999. "Equilibrium Existence and Uniqueness in Public Good Models: An Elementary Proof via Contraction," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 99/02, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Wayne Shafer & Hugo Sonnenschein, 1974.
"Some Theorems on the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium,"
103, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Shafer, Wayne & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1975. "Some theorems on the existence of competitive equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 83-93, August.
- Unal Zenginobuz & Antonio Villanacci, 2009. "Subscription Equilibrium with Production: Neutrality and Constrained Suboptimality of Equilibria," Working Papers 2009/03, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reecon:v:60:y:2006:i:4:p:199-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.