Local characteristics, contestability, and the dynamic structure of rural banking: A market study
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glen C. Pulver & Ronald J. Hustedde, 1988. "Regional Variables that Influence the Allocation of Venture Capital: The Role of Banks," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(2), pages 1-9, Spring.
- Gary Whalen, 1988. "Actual competition, potential competition, and bank profitability in rural markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 14-23.
- Tim R. Smith, 1992. "Determinants of rural growth: winners and losers in the 1980s," Research Working Paper 92-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Morrison, Steven A & Winston, Clifford, 1987. "Empirical Implications and Tests of the Contestability Hypothesis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 53-66, April.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Stephen A. Rhoades, 1982. "Structure-performance studies in banking : an updated summary and evaluation," Staff Studies 119, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Lawrence, David B. & Watkins, Thomas G., 1986. "Rural banking markets and holding company entry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 123-130, May.
- Rose, Peter S, 1992. "Agency Theory and Entry Barriers in Banking," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 323-53, August.
- Graddy, Duane B & Kyle, Reuben, III, 1979. "The Simultaneity of Bank Decision-making, Market Structure, and Bank Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Glenn Rogers & Ron Shaffer & Glen Pulver, 1990. "The Adequacy of Capital Markets for Rural Nonfarm Businesses," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 20(3), pages 23-32, Fall.
- Charles Morris & Mark Drabenstott, 1989. "Financing rural businesses: what role for public policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 30-45.
- Liang, Nellie, 1989. "Bank profits, risk, and local market concentration," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 297-305, November.
- Dean F. Amel & J. Nellie Liang, 1992. "A dynamic model of entry and performance in the U.S. banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 210, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Clark, Jeffrey A., 1986. "Single-equation, multiple-regression methodology: Is it an appropriate methodology for the estimation of the structure-performance relationship in banking?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 295-312, November.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-44, November.
- B. Frank King & Sheila L. Tschinkel & David D. Whitehead, 1989. "F.Y.I. interstate banking developments in the 1980's," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue May, pages 32-51.
- Boczar, Gregory E, 1977. "Market Characteristics and Multibank Holding Company Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 131-46, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:35:y:1995:i:3:p:271-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.