Local characteristics, contestability, and the dynamic structure of rural banking: A market study
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Graddy, Duane B & Kyle, Reuben, III, 1979. "The Simultaneity of Bank Decision-making, Market Structure, and Bank Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-18, March.
- B. Frank King & Sheila L. Tschinkel & David D. Whitehead, 1989. "F.Y.I. interstate banking developments in the 1980's," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue May, pages 32-51.
- Clark, Jeffrey A., 1986. "Single-equation, multiple-regression methodology: Is it an appropriate methodology for the estimation of the structure-performance relationship in banking?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 295-312, November.
- Glen C. Pulver & Ronald J. Hustedde, 1988. "Regional Variables that Influence the Allocation of Venture Capital: The Role of Banks," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(2), pages 1-9, Spring.
- Charles S. Morris & Mark Drabenstott, 1989. "Financing rural businesses: what role for public policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 30-45.
- Lawrence, David B. & Watkins, Thomas G., 1986. "Rural banking markets and holding company entry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 123-130, May.
- Gary Whalen, 1988. "Actual competition, potential competition, and bank profitability in rural markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 14-23.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Glenn Rogers & Ron Shaffer & Glen Pulver, 1990. "The Adequacy of Capital Markets for Rural Nonfarm Businesses," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 20(3), pages 23-32, Fall.
- Liang, Nellie, 1989. "Bank profits, risk, and local market concentration," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 297-305, November.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-44, November.
- Tim R. Smith, 1992. "Determinants of rural growth: winners and losers in the 1980s," Research Working Paper 92-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Stephen A. Rhoades, 1982. "Structure-performance studies in banking : an updated summary and evaluation," Staff Studies 119, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Boczar, Gregory E, 1977. "Market Characteristics and Multibank Holding Company Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 131-46, March.
- Rose, Peter S, 1992. "Agency Theory and Entry Barriers in Banking," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 323-53, August.
- Morrison, Steven A & Winston, Clifford, 1987. "Empirical Implications and Tests of the Contestability Hypothesis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 53-66, April.
- Dean F. Amel & J. Nellie Liang, 1992. "A dynamic model of entry and performance in the U.S. banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 210, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:35:y:1995:i:3:p:271-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.