Local characteristics, contestability, and the dynamic structure of rural banking: A market study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence, David B. & Watkins, Thomas G., 1986. "Rural banking markets and holding company entry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 123-130, May.
- Gary Whalen, 1988. "Actual competition, potential competition, and bank profitability in rural markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 14-23.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-644, November.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Dean F. Amel & J. Nellie Liang, 1992. "A dynamic model of entry and performance in the U.S. banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 210, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Charles S. Morris & Mark Drabenstott, 1989. "Financing rural businesses: what role for public policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 30-45.
- Glenn Rogers & Ron Shaffer & Glen Pulver, 1990. "The Adequacy of Capital Markets for Rural Nonfarm Businesses," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 20(3), pages 23-32, Fall.
- Rose, Peter S, 1992. "Agency Theory and Entry Barriers in Banking," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 323-353, August.
- Tim R. Smith, 1992. "Determinants of rural growth: winners and losers in the 1980s," Research Working Paper 92-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- B. Frank King & Sheila L. Tschinkel & David D. Whitehead, 1989. "F.Y.I. interstate banking developments in the 1980's," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue May, pages 32-51.
- Stephen A. Rhoades, 1982. "Structure-performance studies in banking : an updated summary and evaluation," Staff Studies 119, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Liang, Nellie, 1989. "Bank profits, risk, and local market concentration," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 297-305, November.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Clark, Jeffrey A., 1986. "Single-equation, multiple-regression methodology: Is it an appropriate methodology for the estimation of the structure-performance relationship in banking?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 295-312, November.
- Morrison, Steven A & Winston, Clifford, 1987. "Empirical Implications and Tests of the Contestability Hypothesis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 53-66, April.
- Boczar, Gregory E, 1977. "Market Characteristics and Multibank Holding Company Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 131-146, March.
- Graddy, Duane B & Kyle, Reuben, III, 1979. "The Simultaneity of Bank Decision-making, Market Structure, and Bank Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Glen C. Pulver & Ronald J. Hustedde, 1988. "Regional Variables that Influence the Allocation of Venture Capital: The Role of Banks," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(2), pages 1-9, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:35:y:1995:i:3:p:271-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .