The expected consumer's surplus as a welfare measure
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Besanko, David & Spulber, Daniel F, 1989. "Antitrust Enforcement under Asymmetric Information," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 408-25, June.
- Helms, L. Jay, 1984. "Comparing stochastic price regimes : The limitations of expected surplus measures," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 173-178.
- David P. Baron & Roger B. Myerson, 1979.
"Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs,"
412, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Rogerson, William P, 1980. "Aggregate Expected Consumer Surplus as a Welfare Index with an Application to Price Stabilization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 423-36, March.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Li, Lode & McKelvey, Richard D. & Page, Talbot, 1987.
"Optimal research for cournot oligopolists,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 140-166, June.
- Choi, E. Kwan & Menezes, Carmen F., 1992.
"Is relative risk aversion greater than one?,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 43-54.
- L. Jay Helms, 1985. "Errors in the Numerical Assessment of the Benefits of Price Stabilization," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(1), pages 93-100.
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1996. "Information and Usage of Free-Access Congestible Facilities with Stochastic Capacity and Demand," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(1), pages 181-203, February.
- Carl Shapiro, 1986. "Exchange of Cost Information in Oligopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 433-446.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J & Shalit, Haim & Schmitz, Andrew, 1980. "Consumer's Surplus, Price Instability, and Consumer Welfare," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 135-52, January.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-97, September.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Tariffs vs . Quotas as Revenue Raising Devices under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 975-81, December.
- Choi, E. K. & Menezes, C. F., 1985.
"On the magnitude of relative risk aversion,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 125-128.
- Helms, L Jay, 1985. "Expected Consumer's Surplus and the Welfare Effects of Price Stabilization," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 603-17, October.
- Choi, Eun Kwan & Johnson, Stanley R, 1987.
"Consumer's Surplus and Price Uncertainty,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(2), pages 407-11, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1972. "Option Demand and Consumer's Surplus: Valuing Price Changes under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 813-24, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:73:y:1999:i:2:p:265-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.