Competition and regulation in the taxi industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John R. Schroeter, 1983.
"A Model of Taxi Service under Fare Structure and Fleet Size Regulation,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 81-96, Spring.
- Schroeter, John R., 1983. "A Model of Taxi Service Under Fare Structure and Fleet Size Regulation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11120, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Myerson, Roger B. & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1983. "Efficient mechanisms for bilateral trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Lang, Kevin & Kahn, Shulamit, 1990. "Efficiency Wage Models of Unemployment: A Second View," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 296-306, April.
- Kitch, Edmund W & Isaacson, Marc & Kasper, Daniel, 1971. "The Regulation of Taxicabs in Chicago," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 285-350, October.
- Orr, Daniel, 1969. "The "Taxicab Problem": A Proposed Solution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(1), pages 141-147, Jan./Feb..
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, March.
- Beesley, Michael E & Glaister, Stephen G, 1983. "Information for Regulating: The Case of Taxis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 594-615, September.
- Beesley, Michael E, 1973. "Regulation of Taxis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(329), pages 150-172, March.
- Clive Bull, 1987. "The Existence of Self-Enforcing Implicit Contracts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(1), pages 147-159.
- Gallick, Edward C & Sisk, David E, 1987. "A Reconsideration of Taxi Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 117-128, Spring.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1989. "Imperfect information in the product market," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 769-847 Elsevier.
- Salop, S & Stiglitz, J E, 1982. "The Theory of Sales: A Simple Model of Equilibrium Price Dispersion with Identical Agents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1121-1130, December.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- F. J. Anderson & N. C. Bonsor, 1974. "Allocation, Congestion, and the Valuation of Recreational Resources," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(1), pages 51-57.
- Carmichael, H Lorne, 1990. "Efficiency Wage Models of Unemployment--One View," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 269-295, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Flores-Guri, 2003. "An Economic Analysis of Regulated Taxicab Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3_4), pages 255-266, December.
- Yang, Hai & Wong, S. C. & Wong, K. I., 2002. "Demand-supply equilibrium of taxi services in a network under competition and regulation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 799-819, November.
- Thorsten Heilker & Gernot Sieg, 2017. "A duopoly of transportation network companies and traditional radio-taxi dispatch service agencies," Working Papers 24, Institute of Transport Economics, University of Muenster.
- Wong, K.I. & Wong, S.C. & Yang, Hai & Wu, J.H., 2008. "Modeling urban taxi services with multiple user classes and vehicle modes," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 985-1007, December.
- David Flath, 2012. "Why Do We Tip Taxicab Drivers?," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 69-76.
- repec:eee:transb:v:100:y:2017:i:c:p:43-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Hai & Leung, Cowina W.Y. & Wong, S.C. & Bell, Michael G.H., 2010. "Equilibria of bilateral taxi-customer searching and meeting on networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 1067-1083, September.
- Flath, David, 2006. "Taxicab regulation in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 288-304, June.
- Peter Abelson, 2010. "The High Cost of Taxi Regulation, with Special Reference to Sydney," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 41-72.
- Çetin, Tamer & Yasin Eryigit, Kadir, 2011. "Estimating the effects of entry regulation in the Istanbul taxicab market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 476-484, July.
- Yang, Hai & Ye, Min & Tang, Wilson H. & Wong, S.C., 2005. "Regulating taxi services in the presence of congestion externality," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-40, January.
- repec:kap:netspa:v:17:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11067-016-9324-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Hai & Fung, C.S. & Wong, K.I. & Wong, S.C., 2010. "Nonlinear pricing of taxi services," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 337-348, June.
- Bentivogli, Chiara, 2009. "Taxi regulation and the Bersani reform: a survey of major Italian cities," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 41, pages 1-27.
- Yang, Hai & Yang, Teng, 2011. "Equilibrium properties of taxi markets with search frictions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 696-713, May.
- Schaller, Bruce, 2007. "Entry controls in taxi regulation: Implications of US and Canadian experience for taxi regulation and deregulation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 490-506, November.
- Daniel Murta, 2014. "The Silence at the Stands: Agony in the Portuguese Market for Taxis," Notas Económicas, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, issue 39, pages 36-47, June.
- repec:eee:transb:v:100:y:2017:i:c:p:222-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Alexei Parakhonyak, 2008. "Selection Effects in Regulated Markets," Vienna Economics Papers 0810, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Adrian T. Moore & Ted Balaker, 2006. "Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Taxi Deregulation?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(1), pages 109-132, January.
- Yang, Hai & Wong, S. C., 1998. "A network model of urban taxi services," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 235-246, May.
- Gerard Llobet & Meritxell Albertí & Ángel León, 2003. "Evaluation Of A Taxi Sector Reform: A Real Options Approach," Working Papers wp2003_0312, CEMFI.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:59:y:1996:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.