The performance and objectives of public and private utilities operating in the United States
No abstract is available for this item.
- Cook, Paul & Fabella, Raul V., 1997.
"The Welfare and Political Economy Dimensions of Private vs State Enterprise,"
General Discussion Papers
30561, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Cook, Paul & Fabella, Raul V., 2001. "The Welfare and Political Economy Dimensions of Private vs State Enterprise," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30647, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Bozec, Richard, 2004. "L’analyse comparative de la performance entre les entreprises publiques et les entreprises privées : le problème de mesure et son impact sur les résultats," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 80(4), pages 619-654, Décembre.
- Mervi Taalas, 1997. "Generalised Cost Functions for Producers of Performing Arts – Allocative Inefficiencies and Scale Economies in Theatres," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 21(4), pages 335-353, December.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Rondi, Laura, 2000. "Financial pressure and the behaviour of public enterprises under soft and hard budget constraints: evidence from Italian panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 73-98, January.
- Filippo Belloc, 2014. "Innovation in State-Owned Enterprises: Reconsidering the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Economic Issues, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(3), pages 821-848, September.
- Belloc, Filippo, 2013. "Innovation in State-owned Enterprises: Reconsidering the Conventional Wisdom," MPRA Paper 54748, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Mar 2014.
- Villalonga, Belen, 2000. "Privatization and efficiency: differentiating ownership effects from political, organizational, and dynamic effects," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 43-74, May.
- Lam, Pun-Lee & Shiu, Alice, 2001. "A data envelopment analysis of the efficiency of China's thermal power generation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 75-83, June.
- Won, Gu-Hwan, 2007. "Electric power industry restructuring and ROE: The case of Korea Electric Power Corporation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5080-5090, October.
- Maradin Dario & Cerovic Ljerka, 2014. "Possibilities of Applying the DEA Method in the Assessment of Efficiency of Companies in the Electric Power Industry: Review of Wind Energy Companies," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 320-326.
- Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier, 2005. "Cost functions and the electric utility industry. A contribution to the debate on deregulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Harris, Thomas R. & Narayanan, Rangesan & Raffiee, Kambiz, 1995. "Specification and estimation of the effect of ownership on the economic efficiency of the water utilities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 759-784, December.
- Raczka, Jan, 2001. "Explaining the performance of heat plants in Poland," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 355-370, July.
- Willner, Johan, 2001. "Ownership, efficiency, and political interference," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 723-748, November.
- Vergés, Joaquim, 2014. "Eficiencia comparativa Empresa Pública vs. Empresa Privada: La evidencia empírica
[Comparative efficiency of Public-owned vs. Private-owned companies: The empirical evidence]," MPRA Paper 58816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 97-122, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:13:y:1980:i:2:p:259-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed