Does the presence of secondary market platform really hurt the firm?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:popmgt:v:26:y:2017:i:9:p:1746-1759 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bulow, Jeremy I, 1982. "Durable-Goods Monopolists," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 314-332, April.
- Alessandro Gavazza & Alessandro Lizzeri & Nikita Roketskiy, 2014.
"A Quantitative Analysis of the Used-Car Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(11), pages 3668-3700, November.
- Gavazza, Alessandro & Lizzeri, Alessandro & Rokestkiy, Nikita, 2012. "A quantitative analysis of the used-car market," MPRA Paper 38414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gavazza, Alessandro & Lizzeri, Alessandro & Roketskiy, Nikita, 2014. "A quantitative analysis of the used-car market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55720, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nikita Roketskiy & Alessandro Lizzeri & Alessandro Gavazza, 2012. "A Quantitative Analysis of the Used Car Market," 2012 Meeting Papers 173, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:taf:tprsxx:v:56:y:2018:i:10:p:3462-3481 is not listed on IDEAS
- Devika, K. & Jafarian, A. & Nourbakhsh, V., 2014. "Designing a sustainable closed-loop supply chain network based on triple bottom line approach: A comparison of metaheuristics hybridization techniques," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 594-615.
- Cho, Youngsang & Koo, Yoonmo, 2012. "Investigation of the effect of secondary market on the diffusion of innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(7), pages 1362-1371.
- repec:eee:transe:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:337-352 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:206:y:2018:i:c:p:220-232 is not listed on IDEAS
- He, Yuanjie & Zhang, Jiang, 2010. "Random yield supply chain with a yield dependent secondary market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(1), pages 221-230, October.
- Bagnoli, Mark & Salant, Stephen W & Swierzbinski, Joseph E, 1989. "Durable-Goods Monopoly with Discrete Demand," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1459-1478, December.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1988. "Product and Price Competition in a Duopoly," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 141-168.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:195:y:2018:i:c:p:198-209 is not listed on IDEAS
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Interfering with Secondary Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- Wu, Xiaole & Zhou, Yu, 2017. "The optimal reverse channel choice under supply chain competition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(1), pages 63-66.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:6:p:1891-:d:150861 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam Copeland, 2014. "Intertemporal substitution and new car purchases," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(3), pages 624-644, September.
- Laurens G. Debo & L. Beril Toktay & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2005. "Market Segmentation and Product Technology Selection for Remanufacturable Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1193-1205, August.
- Chuang, Chia-Hung & Wang, Charles X. & Zhao, Yabing, 2014. "Closed-loop supply chain models for a high-tech product under alternative reverse channel and collection cost structures," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 108-123.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-149, April.
- Miao, Zhaowei & Fu, Ke & Xia, Zhiqiang & Wang, Yu, 2017. "Models for closed-loop supply chain with trade-ins," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PB), pages 308-326.
- Alexandar Angelus, 2011. "A Multiechelon Inventory Problem with Secondary Market Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(12), pages 2145-2162, December.
- Lacourbe, Paul, 2016. "Durable goods leasing in the presence of exporting used products to an international secondary market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(2), pages 448-456.
- Govindan, Kannan & Soleimani, Hamed & Kannan, Devika, 2015. "Reverse logistics and closed-loop supply chain: A comprehensive review to explore the future," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 603-626.
- Yan, Tingting & Dooley, Kevin J., 2010. "Entry timing in a secondary market: When to trade?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 62-74, March.
- Nektarios Oraiopoulos & Mark E. Ferguson & L. Beril Toktay, 2012. "Relicensing as a Secondary Market Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 1022-1037, May.
- Jiawei Chen & Susanna Esteban & Matthew Shum, 2013. "When Do Secondary Markets Harm Firms?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(7), pages 2911-2934, December.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming & Li, Yongjian & Xu, Lei, 2013. "Channel leadership, performance and coordination in closed loop supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 371-380.
- repec:eee:transe:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:44-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sridhar Balasubramanian & Shantanu Bhattacharya & Vish V. Krishnan, 2015. "Pricing Information Goods: A Strategic Analysis of the Selling and Pay-per-Use Mechanisms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 218-234, March.
- R. Canan Savaskan & Shantanu Bhattacharya & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2004. "Closed-Loop Supply Chain Models with Product Remanufacturing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 239-252, February.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:273:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2701-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kahn, Charles M, 1986. "The Durable Goods Monopolist and Consistency with Increasing Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 275-294, March.
- Hau Lee & Seungjin Whang, 2002. "The Impact of the Secondary Market on the Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(6), pages 719-731, June.
- Wang, Xiaolei & He, Fang & Yang, Hai & Oliver Gao, H., 2016. "Pricing strategies for a taxi-hailing platform," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 212-231.
- Huang, Ximin & Gu, Jia-Wen & Ching, Wai-Ki & Siu, Tak-Kuen, 2014. "Impact of secondary market on consumer return policies and supply chain coordination," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 57-70.
- Ferrer, Geraldo & Swaminathan, Jayashankar M., 2010. "Managing new and differentiated remanufactured products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 370-379, June.
- Sreekumar R. Bhaskaran & Stephen M. Gilbert, 2015. "Implications of Channel Structure and Operational Mode Upon a Manufacturer's Durability Choice," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 24(7), pages 1071-1085, July.
- Preyas Desai & Devavrat Purohit, 1998. "Leasing and Selling: Optimal Marketing Strategies for a Durable Goods Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-2), pages 19-34, November.
More about this item
KeywordsManufacturing; Secondary market platform; Production; Quality choice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:213:y:2019:i:c:p:55-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.