Time-varying correlations in global real estate markets: A multivariate GARCH with spatial effects approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- Pedro Nielsen Rotta & Pedro L. Valls Pereira, 2016. "Analysis of contagion from the dynamic conditional correlation model with Markov Regime switching," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(25), pages 2367-2382, May.
- Bauwens, Luc & Grigoryeva, Lyudmila & Ortega, Juan-Pablo, 2016.
"Estimation and empirical performance of non-scalar dynamic conditional correlation models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 17-36.
- BAUWENS, Luc & GRIGORYEVA, Lyudmila & ORTEGA, Juan-Pablo, 2014. "Estimation and empirical performance of non-scalar dynamic conditional correlation models," CORE Discussion Papers 2014012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wang, Gang-Jin & Xie, Chi & Jiang, Zhi-Qiang & Stanley, H. Eugene, 2016. "Extreme risk spillover effects in world gold markets and the global financial crisis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 55-77.
- Gong, Pu & Weng, Yingliang, 2016. "Value-at-Risk forecasts by a spatiotemporal model in Chinese stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 441(C), pages 173-191.
- Chang, Guang-Di & Chen, Chia-Shih, 2014. "Evidence of contagion in global REITs investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 148-158.
- Mollah, Sabur & Quoreshi, A.M.M. Shahiduzzaman & Zafirov, Goran, 2016. "Equity market contagion during global financial and Eurozone crises: Evidence from a dynamic correlation analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 151-167.
- Otranto, Edoardo, 2010.
"Identifying financial time series with similar dynamic conditional correlation,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-15, January.
- E. Otranto, 2008. "Identifying Financial Time Series with Similar Dynamic Conditional Correlation," Working Paper CRENoS 200817, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Tse, Chin-Bun & Rodgers, Timothy & Niklewski, Jacek, 2014. "The 2007 financial crisis and the UK residential housing market: Did the relationship between interest rates and house prices change?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 518-530.
- Yang, Miao & Jiang, Zhi-Qiang, 2016. "The dynamic correlation between policy uncertainty and stock market returns in China," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 461(C), pages 92-100.
- Wang, Gang-Jin & Xie, Chi, 2015. "Correlation structure and dynamics of international real estate securities markets: A network perspective," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 424(C), pages 176-193.
- Gian Piero Aielli, 2013. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: On Properties and Estimation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 282-299, July.
- Sébastien Laurent & Luc Bauwens & Jeroen V. K. Rombouts, 2006.
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 79-109.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2003. "Multivariate GARCH models: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers 2003031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, SÃ©bastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen VK, 2006. "Multivariate GARCH models: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1847, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stošić, Darko & Stošić, Dusan & Stošić, Tatijana & Stanley, H. Eugene, 2015. "Multifractal analysis of managed and independent float exchange rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 13-18.
- Yudong Wang & Li Liu, 2016. "Crude oil and world stock markets: volatility spillovers, dynamic correlations, and hedging," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1481-1509, June.
- Edoardo Otranto & Massimo Mucciardi & Pietro Bertuccelli, 2016.
"Spatial effects in dynamic conditional correlations,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 604-626, March.
- P. Bertuccelli & M. Mucciardi & E. Otranto, 2014. "Spatial Effects in Dynamic Conditional Correlations," Working Paper CRENoS 201406, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Dimitris Kenourgios & Dimitrios Dimitriou, 2014. "Contagion Effects of the Global Financial Crisis in US and European Real Economy Sectors," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 61(3), pages 275-288, June.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Errunza, Vihang & Jacobs, Kris & Jin, Xisong, 2014.
"Correlation dynamics and international diversification benefits,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 807-824.
- Peter Christoffersen & Vihang R. Errunza & Kris Jacobs & Xisong Jin, 2013. "Correlation Dynamics and International Diversification Benefits," CREATES Research Papers 2013-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Bing Zhu & Roland Füss & Nico B. Rottke, 2013. "Spatial Linkages in Returns and Volatilities among U.S. Regional Housing Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 41(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Dror Y. Kenett & Xuqing Huang & Irena Vodenska & Shlomo Havlin & H. Eugene Stanley, 2015. "Partial correlation analysis: applications for financial markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 569-578, April.
- Tamakoshi, Go & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2014. "Co-movements among major European exchange rates: A multivariate time-varying asymmetric approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 105-113.
- Maria Kasch & Massimiliano Caporin, 2013.
"Volatility Threshold Dynamic Conditional Correlations: An International Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 11(4), pages 706-742, September.
- Maria Kasch & Massimiliano Caporin, 2008. "Volatility Threshold Dynamic Conditional Correlations: An International Analysis," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0065, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Reboredo, Juan C. & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2015. "An analysis of dependence between Central and Eastern European stock markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 474-490.
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
- Hemche, Omar & Jawadi, Fredj & Maliki, Samir B. & Cheffou, Abdoulkarim Idi, 2016. "On the study of contagion in the context of the subprime crisis: A dynamic conditional correlation–multivariate GARCH approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 292-299.
- Bodnar, Taras & Hautsch, Nikolaus, 2016. "Dynamic conditional correlation multiplicative error processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 41-67.
- Tse, Y K & Tsui, Albert K C, 2002. "A Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 351-362, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:503:y:2018:i:c:p:1117-1130 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTime-varying correlation; MGARCH; Spatial effects; Contagion effects; Real estate markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:471:y:2017:i:c:p:460-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.