Corporate name changes: Price reactions and long-run performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Horsky & Patrick Swyngedouw, 1987. "Does it Pay to Change Your Company's Name? A Stock Market Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 320-335.
- Michael J. Cooper, 2001. "A Rose.com by Any Other Name," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2371-2388, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Michael J. Cooper & Huseyin Gulen & P. Raghavendra Rau, 2005. "Changing Names with Style: Mutual Fund Name Changes and Their Effects on Fund Flows," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2825-2858, December.
- Wu, YiLin, 2010. "What's in a name? What leads a firm to change its name and what the new name foreshadows," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1344-1359, June.
- Palani-Rajan Kadapakkam & Lalatendu Misra, 2007. "What'S In A Nickname? Price And Volume Effects Of A Pure Ticker Symbol Change," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 30(1), pages 53-71.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Khorana, Ajay & Osobov, Igor & Patel, Ajay & Rau, P. Raghavendra, 2005. "Managerial actions in response to a market downturn: valuation effects of name changes in the dot.com decline," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 319-335, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gao, Fox & Faff, Robert & Navissi, Farshid, 2012. "Corporate philanthropy: Insights from the 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 363-377.
- Kashmiri, Saim & Mahajan, Vijay, 2015. "The name's the game: Does marketing impact the value of corporate name changes?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 281-290.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate name change Hong Kong stock market Long-run performance Operating performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:19:y:2011:i:2:p:230-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.