Was the worldwide shift to gold inevitable? An analysis of the end of bimetallism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Oppers, S.E., 1994. "Was the Worldwide Shift to Gold Inevitable? An Analysis of the End pf Bimetalism," Working Papers 351, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Friedman, Milton, 1990. "The Crime of 1873," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1159-1194, December.
- Oppers, Stefan Erik, 2000. "A model of the bimetallic system," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 517-533, October.
- repec:fth:michin:332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kindleberger, Charles P., 1993. "A Financial History of Western Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195077384, June.
- Drake, Louis S., 1985. "Reconstruction of a bimetallic price level," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 194-219, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher M. Meissner, 2015. "The Limits of Bimetallism," NBER Working Papers 20852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthias Morys, 2012. "The emergence of the Classical Gold Standard," Centre for Historical Economics and Related Research at York (CHERRY) Discussion Papers 12/01, CHERRY, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Larry Neal & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2001.
"Crises in The Global Economy from Tulips to Today: Contagion and Consequences,"
Claremont Colleges Working Papers
2001-32, Claremont Colleges.
- Larry Neal & Marc Weidenmier, 2002. "Crises in the Global Economy from Tulips to Today: Contagion and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 9147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francois R. Velde & Warren E. Weber, 2000. "A Model of Bimetallism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1210-1234, December.
- Nogues-Marco, Pilar, 2013.
"Competing Bimetallic Ratios: Amsterdam, London, and Bullion Arbitrage in Mid-Eighteenth Century,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(02), pages 445-476, June.
- Nogues-Marco, Pilar, 2011. "Competing bimetallic ratios: Amsterdam, London and bullion arbitrage in the 18th century," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp11-03, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Nogues-Marco, Pilar, 2013. "Competing Bimetallic Ratios: Amsterdam, London and Bullion Arbitrage in the Mid-18th Century," CEPR Discussion Papers 9300, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fernholz, Ricardo T. & Mitchener, Kris James & Weidenmier, Marc, 2017.
"Pulling up the tarnished anchor: The end of silver as a global unit of account,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 209-228.
- Fernholz, Ricardo & Mitchener, Kris James & Weidenmier, Marc, 2017. "Pulling up the Tarnished Anchor: The End of Silver as a Global Unit of Account," CEPR Discussion Papers 11952, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo T. Fernholz & Kris James Mitchener & Marc Weidenmier, 2017. "Pulling up the Tarnished Anchor: The End of Silver as a Global Unit of Account," CESifo Working Paper Series 6436, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Meissner, Christopher M. & Weidenmier, Marc D., 2009. "Identifying the effects of an exchange rate depreciation on country risk: Evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1022-1044, October.
- E.J. Weber, 1999. "A History of Bimetallism: Greece, Rome, Middle Ages, Modern Times," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 99-17, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:37:y:1996:i:1:p:143-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .