Explaining the demand for free bank notes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- King, Robert G., 1983. "On the economics of private money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 127-158.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1983. "New Evidence on the Free Banking Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1080-1091, December.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1974. "The Free Banking Era: A Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 141-167, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Highfield, Richard A. & O'Hara, Maureen & Smith, Bruce, 1996.
"Do open market operations matter? Theory and evidence from the Second Bank of the United States,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 479-519.
- Highfield, R.A. & O,Hara, M. & Smith, B., 1992. "Do Open Market Operations Matter? Theory and Evidence from the Second Bank of the Unites States," RCER Working Papers 325, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- David C. Mills, Jr, 2008.
"Imperfect Monitoring And The Discounting Of Inside Money,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(3), pages 737-754, August.
- David C. Mills, 2007. "Imperfect monitoring and the discounting of inside money," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-58, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bruce D. Smith & Warren E. Weber, 1999.
"Private money creation and the Suffolk Banking System,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 624-667.
- Smith, Bruce D & Weber, Warren E, 1999. "Private Money Creation and the Suffolk Banking System," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 624-659, August.
- Bruce D. Smith & Warren E. Weber, 1998. "Private money creation and the Suffolk Banking System," Working Paper 9821, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bruce D. Smith & Warren E. Weber, 1998. "Private money creation and the Suffolk Banking System," Working Papers 591, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gary Gorton, 1993. "Reputation Formation in Early Bank Debt Markets," NBER Working Papers 4400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles M. Kahn & William Roberds, 1999.
"Demandable debt as a means of payment: banknotes versus checks,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 500-530.
- Kahn, Charles M & Roberds, William, 1999. "Demandable Debts as a Means of Payment: Banknotes versus Checks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 500-525, August.
- Charles M. Kahn & William Roberds, 1998. "Demandable debt as a means of payment: banknotes versus checks," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Horwitz Steven & Bodenhorn Howard, 1994. "A Property Rights Approach to Free Banking," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 1-16, December.
- Gorton, Gary, 1999. "Pricing free bank notes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 33-64, August.
- Tyler Cowen & Randall Kroszner, 1990. "Mutual Fund Banking: A Market Approach," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 10(1), pages 223-237, Spring/Su.
- Shambaugh, Jay C., 2006. "An experiment with multiple currencies: the American monetary system from 1838-60," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 609-645, October.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Victor Lubasi, 2006. "Payment instrument choice: the case of prepaid cards," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 29-43.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:21:y:1988:i:1:p:47-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.