The Free-Banking Era: A Lesson for Today?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronel Elul, 2013. "The promise and challenges of bank capital reform," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q3, pages 23-30.
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 1991. "Financial Markets and Financial Crises," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number glen91-1, Juni.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Stephen H. Haber, 2015.
"Fragile by Design: The Political Origins of Banking Crises and Scarce Credit,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 10177-2.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Stephen H. Haber, 2014. "Fragile by Design: The Political Origins of Banking Crises and Scarce Credit," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10177.
- Selgin, George A & White, Lawrence H, 1987. "The Evaluation of a Free Banking System," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 439-457, July.
- Michael Slonkosky, 2015. "Over-the-counter swaps – before and after reform," Banking Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q4, pages 1-5.
- George A. Selgin & Lawrence H. White, 1994. "How Would the Invisible Hand Handle Money?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1718-1749, December.
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 1991. "Introduction to "Financial Markets and Financial Crises"," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Markets and Financial Crises, pages 1-10, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Slonkosky, 2015. "Banking policy review: over-the-counter swaps — before and after reform," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q4, pages 12-16.
- repec:fip:fedpbr:y:2013:i:q3:p:23-30:n:96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rolnick, Arthur J. & Weber, Warren E., 1984. "The causes of free bank failures : A detailed examination," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 267-291, November.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1974. "The Free Banking Era: A Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 141-167, May.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1983. "New Evidence on the Free Banking Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1080-1091, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking History; U.S Banking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpei:00008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.