The Evaluation of a Free Banking System
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Volodymyr Vysochansky, 2014. "Normalization of Banking," Finance vysochansky_volodymyr.522, Socionet.
- repec:esx:essedp:755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marimon, Ramon & Nicolini, Juan Pablo & Teles, Pedro, 2012.
"Money is an experience good: Competition and trust in the private provision of money,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(8), pages 815-825.
- Ramon Marimon & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Pedro Teles, "undated". "Money is an Experience Good: Competition and Trust in the Private Provision of Money," Working Papers 563, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ramon Marimon & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Pedro Teles, 2011. "Money is an Experience Good: Competition and Trust in the Private Provision of Money," Economics Working Papers ECO2011/24, European University Institute.
- Ramon Marimon & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Pedro Teles, 2011. "Money is an experience good: competition and trust in the private provision of money," Working Papers w201118, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Marimon, Ramon & Nicolini, Juan Pablo & Teles, Pedro, 2009. "Money is an Experience Good: Competition and Trust in the Private Provision of Money," CEPR Discussion Papers 7418, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ramon Marimon & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Pedro Teles, 2012. "Money is an experience good: competition and trust in the private provision of money," Staff Report 467, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ramon Marimon & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Pedro Teles, 2009. "Money is an Experience Good: Competition and Trust in the Private Provision of Money," Working Papers w200916, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Sanches, Daniel, 2013.
"On the welfare properties of fractional reserve banking,"
13-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 04 Feb 2013.
- Sanches, Daniel R., 2015. "On the welfare properties of fractional reserve banking," Working Papers 15-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Tyler Cowen & Randall Kroszner, 1990. "Mutual Fund Banking: A Market Approach," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 10(1), pages 223-237, Spring/Su.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Alexander Lipton, 2016. "Modern Monetary Circuit Theory, Stability Of Interconnected Banking Network, And Balance Sheet Optimization For Individual Banks," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(06), pages 1-57, September.
- Sylvie Diatkine, 1994. "A propos de la position de Ricardo concernant la liberté d'émission de la monnaie," Cahiers d'Économie Politique, Programme National Persée, vol. 23(1), pages 79-99.
- Kevin Dowd, 1988. "Automatic Stabilizing Mechanisms under Free Banking," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 7(3), pages 643-659, Winter.
- Mathieu Bédard, 2016. "In Which Context is the Option Clause Desirable?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(2), pages 287-297, December.
- Visser, H., 1989. "The monetary order," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Daniel Sanches, 2016. "On The Welfare Properties Of Fractional Reserve Banking," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 57, pages 935-954, August.
- van Ees, Hans & Garretsen, Harry, 1995. "Existence and stability of conventions and institutions in a monetary economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 275-288, October.
- repec:jpe:journl:1460 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Keech & Michael Munger, 2015. "The anatomy of government failure," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 164(1), pages 1-42, July.
- James A. Dorn, 2010. "Editor's Note," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 30(3), Fall.
- Alexander Fink, 2014. "Free banking as an evolving system: The case of Switzerland reconsidered," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 57-69, March.
- Bryan Fitz-Gibbon & Marianne Gizycki, 2001. "A History of Last-resort Lending and Other Support for Troubled Financial Institutions in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2001-07, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Lawrence H. White, 1989. "What Kinds of Monetary Institutions Would a Free Market Deliver?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 9(2), pages 367-403, Fall.
- Lawrence H. White, 2013. "Antifragile Banking and Monetary Systems," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 33(3), pages 474-484, Fall.
- Cesarano, Filippo, 1995. "The New Monetary Economics and the theory of money," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 445-455, May.
- APATACHIOAE, Adina, 2014. "Free Banking – Possible Solution To The Recent Crisis?," Journal of Financial and Monetary Economics, Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 1(1), pages 66-72.
- Gentil Corazza, 2001. "Os Bancos Centrais e sua Ambivalência Público-Privada," Anais do XXIX Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 29th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 011, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Sanches, Daniel R., 2016. "The Free-Banking Era: A Lesson for Today?," Economic Insights, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, vol. 1(3), pages 9-14, Q3.
- Norman, Ben & Shaw, Rachel & Speight, George, 2011. "The history of interbank settlement arrangements: exploring central banks’ role in the payment system," Bank of England working papers 412, Bank of England.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:25:y:1987:i:3:p:439-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.