Public Sector Technical Inefficiency in Large U.S. Cities
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Wingler, Thomas L., 1984. "Public intermediate inputs, property values, and allocative efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 245-250.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Steven C. Deller & David L. Chicoine, 1993. "Representative Versus Direct Democracy: a Test of Allocative Efficiency in Local Government Expenditures," Public Finance Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 100-114, January.
- Wassmer, Robert W., 1993. "Property Taxation, Property Base, and Property Value: An Empirical Test of the 'New View'," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 135-159, June.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1969. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: An Empirical Study of Tax Capitalization and the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 957-971, Nov./Dec..
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Taylor Lori L., 1995. "Allocative Inefficiency and Local Government," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 201-211, March.
- Grosskopf Shawna & Hayes Kathy, 1993. "Local Public Sector Bureaucrats and Their Input Choices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 151-166, March.
- repec:ntj:journl:v:46:y:1993:i:no._2:p:135-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- P.J. Grossman, 1988.
"The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
88-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990. "The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: a Test of the Fiscal Illusion Hypothesis," Public Finance Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 313-327, July.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990. "The impact of federal and state grants on local government spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1982. "A test for allocative efficiency in the local public sector," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 311-331, December.
- Davis, Michael L & Hayes, Kathy, 1993. "The Demand for Good Government," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 148-152, February.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1979. "Property values, local public expenditure and economic efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 223-245, March.
- Jean-Luc Migué & Gérard Bélanger & William Niskanen, 1974. "Toward a general theory of managerial discretion," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 27-47, March.
- E. West & Stanley Winer, 1980. "Optimal fiscal illusion and the size of government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 607-622, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:46:y:1999:i:2:p:278-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.