Commutes, Neighborhood Effects, and Compensating Differentials: Revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross, Stephen L., 1998. "Racial Differences in Residential and Job Mobility: Evidence Concerning the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 112-135, January.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1982. "Evaluating consumer amenities and interregional welfare differences," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 32-59, January.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1988. "Wages, Rents, and Amenities: Differences among Workers and Regions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 1992. "Intraurban wage gradients: Evidence by race, gender, occupational class, and sector," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 70-91, July.
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1991. "Compensation for commutes in labor and housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 192-207, September.
- Zax, Jeffrey S. & Kain, John F., 1991. "Commutes, quits, and moves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 153-165, March.
- Boyes, William J. & Hoffman, Dennis L. & Low, Stuart A., 1989. "An econometric analysis of the bank credit scoring problem," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 3-14, January.
- Blomquist, Glenn C & Berger, Mark C & Hoehn, John P, 1988. "New Estimates of Quality of Life in Urban Areas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 89-107, March.
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1996. "Commutes, Neighborhood Effects, and Earnings: An Analysis of Racial Discrimination and Compensating Differentials," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 61-83, July.
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1990. "Race and commutes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 336-348, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Albouy & Bert Lue, 2014. "Driving to Opportunity: Local Rents, Wages, Commuting Costs and Sub-Metropolitan Quality of Life," NBER Working Papers 19922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Ross & Yves Zenou, 2003. "Shirking, Commuting and Labor Market Outcomes," Working papers 2003-41, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Fu, Shihe, 2007.
"Smart Cafe Cities: Testing human capital externalities in the Boston metropolitan area,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-111, January.
- Shihe Fu, 2005. "Smart Cafe Cities: Testing Human Capital Externalities in the Boston Metropolitan Area," Working Papers 05-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Shihe Fu, 2005. "Smart Café Cities: Testing Human Capital Externalities in the Boston Metropolitan Area," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 609, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cathy Yang Liu, 2008. "Ethnic Enclave Residence & Employment Accessibility of Latino Workers in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington DC," Working Paper 8536, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Shihe Fu & Stephen L. Ross, 2013.
"Wage Premia in Employment Clusters: How Important Is Worker Heterogeneity?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 271-304.
- Shihe Fu & Stephen Ross, 2010. "Wage Premia in Employment Clusters: How Important is Worker Heterogeneity?," Working Papers 2011-027, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:46:y:1999:i:1:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .