The renegotiation window: Resource contract renegotiations in the mining industry in Africa from 2000 to 2013
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodrik, Dani, 2004. "Industrial Policy for the Twenty-First Century," Working Paper Series rwp04-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rajneesh Narula & John Dunning, 2010.
"Multinational Enterprises, Development and Globalization: Some Clarifications and a Research Agenda,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 263-287.
- Narula R. & Dunning J.H., 2009. "Multinational enterprises, development and globalisation: some clarifications and a research agenda," MERIT Working Papers 2009-023, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Raúl Lizardo García Carpio & Arturo Leonardo Vásquez Cordano, 2004. "La Industria del Gas Natural en el Perú," Working Papers 1, Osinergmin, Gerencia de Políticas y Análisis Económico.
- Xuemei Bai & Gang Li, 2004. "Industrial Productivity Convergence in China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 155-168.
- Wen, Mei, 2004. "Relocation and agglomeration of Chinese industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 329-347, February.
- Unido, 2004. "International Yearbook of Industrial Statistics 2004," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3250.
- Andrimihaja, Noro Aina & Cinyabuguma, Matthias & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 2011. "Avoiding the fragility trap in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5884, The World Bank.
- Acharya, Amitav, 2004. "How Ideas Spread: Whose Norms Matter? Norm Localization and Institutional Change in Asian Regionalism," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 239-275, April.
- John Lungu, 2008. "Copper Mining Agreements in Zambia: Renegotiation or Law Reform?," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(117), pages 403-415, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nakatani, Ryota, 2018.
"Adjustment to negative price shocks by a commodity exporting economy: Does exchange rate flexibility resolve a balance of payments crisis?,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 13-35.
- Nakatani, Ryota, 2018. "Adjustment to Negative Price Shocks by a Commodity Exporting Economy: Does Exchange Rate Flexibility Resolve a Balance of Payments Crisis?," MPRA Paper 87153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Paulo Figueiredo & Klauber Brito, 2011. "The innovation performance of MNE subsidiaries and local embeddedness: evidence from an emerging economy," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 141-165, February.
- Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Charles Sabel & Ernesto H. Stein & Alberto Trejos, 2016. "Two to Tango: Public-Private Collaboration for Productive Development Policies," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 94716, February.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Dennis, Allen & Shepherd, Ben, 2007. "Trade costs, barriers to entry, and export diversification in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4368, The World Bank.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2010. "Trade liberalization, industrialization and development; experience of recent decades," MPRA Paper 26355, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Reyes & Stefano Schiavo & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2010.
"Using complex networks analysis to assess the evolution of international economic integration: The cases of East Asia and Latin America,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 215-239.
- Javier Reyes & Stefano Schiavo & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2007. "Using Complex Network Analysis to Assess the Evolution of International Economic Integration: The cases of East Asia and Latin America," LEM Papers Series 2007/25, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Javier Reyes & Stefano Schiavo, 2007. "Using Complex Network Analysis to Assess the Evolution of International Economic Integration: The cases of East Asia and Latin America," Sciences Po publications 2007/25, Sciences Po.
- Javier Reyes & Stefano Schiavo & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2007. "Using Complex Network Analysis to Assess the Evolution of International Economic Integration: The cases of East Asia and Latin America," Working Papers hal-00973113, HAL.
- Andrei Yakovlev & Andrei Govorun, 2011. "Industrial Associations as a Channel of Business-Government Interactions in an Imperfect Institutional Environment: The Russian Case," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 116, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- World Bank, 2007. "Uganda - Moving Beyond Recovery : Investment and Behavior Change, For Growth, Volume 1. Summary and Recommendations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7576, The World Bank.
- Inayat U. Mangla & Muslehud Din, 2015. "The Impact of the Macroeconomic Environment on Pakistan’s Manufacturing Sector," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 20(Special E), pages 241-260, September.
- Vu, Khuong & Hartley, Kris, 2018. "Promoting smart cities in developing countries: Policy insights from Vietnam," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 845-859.
- Sikina Jinnah & Abby Lindsay, 2016. "Diffusion Through Issue Linkage: Environmental Norms in US Trade Agreements," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 16(3), pages 41-61, August.
- Carla Barqueiro & Kate Seaman & Katherine Teresa Towey, 2016. "Regional Organizations and Responsibility to Protect: Normative Reframing or Normative Change?," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 4(3), pages 37-49.
- Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud & Jean-Michel Wachsberger, 2013.
"Institutions, gouvernance et croissance de long terme à Madagascar : l'enigme et le paradoxe,"
DT/2013/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud & Jean-Michel Wachsberger, 2017. "Institutions, gouvernance et croissance de long terme à Madagascar : l'énigme et le paradoxe," Working Papers hal-01653670, HAL.
- Naved Hamid & Maha Khan, 2015. "Pakistan: A Case of Premature Deindustrialization?," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 20(Special E), pages 107-141, September.
- Hardik A. Marfatia, 2016. "The Role of Push and Pull Factors in Driving Global Capital Flows," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot GmbH, Berlin, vol. 62(2), pages 117-146.
- Goya, Daniel, 2014. "Política industrial: Qué es, por qué es necesaria, y su pasado, presente y futuro en Chile [Industrial policy: What is it, why it is necessary, and its past, present and future in Chile]," MPRA Paper 64881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holbig, Heike, 2015. "The Plasticity of Regions: A Social Sciences–Cultural Studies Dialogue on Asia-Related Area Studies," GIGA Working Papers 267, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Frederick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2008.
"Globalization and the rise of mega-cities in the developing world,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 477-501.
- Steven Poelhekke & Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2008. "Globalization and the Rise of Mega-Cities in the Developing World," CESifo Working Paper Series 2208, CESifo.
- Czesława Pilarska, 2018. "Efekty zewnętrzne bezpośrednich inwestycji zagranicznych z perspektywy kraju goszczącego," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 4, pages 93-124.
- Elvira Uyarra & Jens Sörvik & Inger Midtkandal, 2014. "Inter-regional Collaboration in Research and Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation (RIS3). S3 Working Paper Series no 6/2014," JRC Working Papers JRC91963, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsNatural resource governance; Mining contracts; Sub-Saharan Africa; Limited statehood; Structural power;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:22-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.