Understanding the nexus between oil and gold
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thai-Ha LE & Youngho CHANG, 2011. "Oil and Gold Prices: Correlation or Causation?," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1102, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Zheng, Xinwei, 2010.
"Gold and oil futures markets: Are markets efficient?,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3299-3303, October.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Zheng, Xinwei, 2010. "Gold and oil futures markets: are markets efficient?," Working Papers eco_2010_13, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Michael Melvin & Jahangir Sultan, 1990. "South African political unrest, oil prices, and the time varying risk premium in the gold futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 103-111, April.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Yuan, Yuan, 2008. "Metal volatility in presence of oil and interest rate shocks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 606-620, March.
- Thai-Ha Le & Youngho Chang, 2011. "Oil and gold: correlation or causation?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 1-31.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ghosh, Sajal, 2011. "Examining crude oil price - Exchange rate nexus for India during the period of extreme oil price volatility," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1886-1889, May.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2009. "World oil prices, precious metal prices and macroeconomy in Turkey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5557-5566, December.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2010.
"The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 168-177, September.
- Yue-Jun Zhang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2009. "The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 5, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Myeong Hwan Kim & David A. Dilts, 2011. "The Relationship of the value of the Dollar, and the Prices of Gold and Oil: A Tale of Asset Risk," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages 1151-1162.
- Sari, Ramazan & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Soytas, Ugur, 2010. "Dynamics of oil price, precious metal prices, and exchange rate," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 351-362, March.
- Yen-Hsien Lee & Ya-Ling Huang & Hao-Jang Yang, 2012. "The Asymmetric Long-Run Relationship Between Crude Oil And Gold Futures," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 6(1), pages 9-15.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:applec:v:50:y:2018:i:17:p:1891-1909 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehmet Balcilar & Zeynel Abidin Ozdemir & Muhammad Shahbaz & Serkan Gunes, 2017. "Does Inflation Cause Gold Prices? Evidence from G7 Countries," Working Papers 15-31, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:257-265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raza, Naveed & Jawad Hussain Shahzad, Syed & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2016. "Asymmetric impact of gold, oil prices and their volatilities on stock prices of emerging markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 290-301.
- Jain, Anshul & Biswal, P.C., 2016. "Dynamic linkages among oil price, gold price, exchange rate, and stock market in India," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 179-185.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00288 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehmet Balcilar & Zeynel Abidin Ozdemir & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2018. "On the time-varying links between oil and gold: New insights from the rolling and recursive rolling approaches," Working Papers 15-35, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- repec:rau:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:59-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Balcilar, Mehmet & Abidin Ozdemir, Zeynel, 2017.
"Does oil predict gold? A nonparametric causality-in-quantiles approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 257-265.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2017. "Does Oil Predict Gold? A Nonparametric Causality-in-Quantiles Approach," MPRA Paper 77324, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Mar 2017.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Zeynel Abidin Ozdemir & Muhammad Shahbaz & Serkan Gunes, 2018.
"Does inflation cause gold market price changes? evidence on the G7 countries from the tests of nonparametric quantile causality in mean and variance,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(17), pages 1891-1909, April.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Gunes, Serkan, 2017. "Does Inflation Cause Gold Market Price Changes? Evidence on the G7 Countries from the Tests of Nonparametric Quantile Causality in Mean and Variance," MPRA Paper 81372, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Sep 2017.
- Kumar, Satish, 2017. "On the nonlinear relation between crude oil and gold," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 219-224.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:358-365 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:49-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:81-87 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGold; Oil; Asymmetry; GARCH; Unit root;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:46:y:2015:i:p2:p:85-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.