Input–output analysis in an oil-rich economy: The case of Azerbaijan
This paper aims to provide empirical research to identify the linkages between final demand–total output, final demand–total supply, value-added ratios and prices, and also to analyze total factor productivity growth using input–output framework for 25 sectors. Studying the input–output tables for 2001 and 2006, the research estimates impact and response multipliers of non-oil sectors, as well as non-oil trading sectors. The results are important from the view of development of non-oil trading sectors and diversification of the economy in order to avoid the “resource curse”.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spulber, Nicolas & Moayed-Dadkhah, Kamran, 1975. "The Pioneering Stage in Input-Output Economics: The Soviet National Economic Balance 1923-24, after Fifty Years," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 27-34, February.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Impact of Government Expenditure on Growth; The Case of Azerbaijan," IMF Working Papers 08/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Nygaard, Christian, 2008. "State governance evolution in resource-rich transition economies: An application to Russia and Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1829-1842, June.
- Fakhri Hasanov, 2010.
"The Impact of Real Oil Price on Real Effective Exchange Rate: The Case of Azerbaijan,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1041, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hasanov, Fakhri, 2010. "The impact of real oil price on real effective exchange rate: The case of Azerbaijan," MPRA Paper 33493, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Auty, Richard M, 1998. "Mineral wealth and the economic transition: Kazakstan," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 241-249, December.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Wyzan, Michael L., 2005. "Explaining the real exchange rate in Kazakhstan, 1996-2003: Is Kazakhstan vulnerable to the Dutch disease?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 242-255, June.
- Christoph B. Rosenberg & Tapio Saavalainen, 1998. "How to Deal with Azerbaijan’s Oil Boom? Policy Strategies in a Resource-Rich Transition Economy," IMF Working Papers 98/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Manove, Michael, 1971. "A Model of Soviet-Type Economic Planning," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 390-406, June.
- Stilwell, L. C. & Minnitt, R. C. A. & Monson, T. D. & Kuhn, G., 2000. "An input-output analysis of the impact of mining on the South African economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-30, March.
- Mikesell, Raymond F, 1997. "Explaining the resource curse, with special reference to mineral-exporting countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 191-199, December.
- Long, Neal B, Jr, 1970. "An Input-Output Comparison of the Economic Structure of the U.S. and the U.S.S.R," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(4), pages 434-441, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:1:p:73-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.