Container port infrastructure in north-west Europe: Policy-level modeling
Against the background of economic downturn and recovery, this study analyzes container port infrastructure, shipping flows and congestion patterns to support policy level modeling rather than more micro-focused quayside-level modeling. It does so using a discrete-event simulation model of the North-West European container port and shipping sector to inform in this application a UK policy perspective. Two scenarios are investigated and a number of policy implications highlighted. The model advanced can, with appropriate re-calibration, be applied in other container port and shipping sectors.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorgenson, Dale W. & Vu, Khuong M., 2010. "Potential growth of the world economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 615-631, September.
- Blanchard, Olivier, 2010. "Sustaining a global recovery," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 604-609, September.
- Larch, Mario, 2007.
"The multinationalization of the transport sector,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 397-416.
- Mario Larch, 2005. "The Multinationalization of the Transport Sector," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-019/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Oddoye, J.P. & Jones, D.F. & Tamiz, M. & Schmidt, P., 2009. "Combining simulation and goal programming for healthcare planning in a medical assessment unit," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 250-261, February.
- Michael Asteris & Alan Collins, 2009. "UK Container Port Investment and Competition: Impediments to the Market," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 163-178, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:34:y:2012:i:2:p:312-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.