Rationalising inefficiency: Staff utilisation in branches of a large Canadian bank
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bala, Kamel & Cook, Wade D., 2003. "Performance measurement with classification information: an enhanced additive DEA model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 439-450, December.
- Peter Bogetoft & Jens Hougaard, 2003. "Rational Inefficiencies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 243-271, November.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2003.
"Enjoying the Quiet Life? Corporate Governance and Managerial Preferences,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(5), pages 1043-1075, October.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Mullainathan, Sendhil, 2003. "Enjoying the Quiet Life? Corporate Governance and Managerial Preferences," Scholarly Articles 3429713, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Schaffnit, Claire, 2004. "Commercial branch performance evaluation and results communication in a Canadian bank--a DEA application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(3), pages 719-735, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mette Asmild & Joseph Paradi & Vanita Aggarwall & Claire Schaffnit, 2004. "Combining DEA Window Analysis with the Malmquist Index Approach in a Study of the Canadian Banking Industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 67-89, January.
- Parish, Ross M & Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1972. "Monopoly, X-Efficiency and the Measurement of Welfare Loss," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 39(155), pages 301-308, August.
- Matthews, Kent & Guo, Jianguang & Zhang, Nina, 2007. "Rational Inefficiency and non-performing loans in Chinese Banking: A non-parametric Bootstrapping Approach," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/5, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Cook, Wade D. & Hababou, Moez, 2001. "Sales performance measurement in bank branches," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 299-307, August.
- Das, Abhiman & Ray, Subhash C. & Nag, Ashok, 2009.
"Labor-use efficiency in Indian banking: A branch-level analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 411-425, April.
- Abhiman Das & Subhash C. Ray & Ashok Nag, 2005. "Labor-Use Efficiency in Indian Banking: A Branch Level Analysis," Working papers 2005-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Ana Lozano-Vivas & Jesús Pastor & José Pastor, 2002. "An Efficiency Comparison of European Banking Systems Operating under Different Environmental Conditions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 59-77, July.
- Wade Cook & Moez Hababou & Hans Tuenter, 2000. "Multicomponent Efficiency Measurement and Shared Inputs in Data Envelopment Analysis: An Application to Sales and Service Performance in Bank Branches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 209-224, November.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Rouatt, Stephen & Zhu, Haiyan, 2011. "Two-stage evaluation of bank branch efficiency using data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 99-109, January.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Leth Hougaard, Jens, 2004.
"Super efficiency evaluations based on potential slack,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 14-21, January.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Hougaard, Jens Leth, 2000. "Super Efficiency Evaluations Based on Potential Slack," Unit of Economics Working papers 24194, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Schaffnit, Claire & Rosen, Dan & Paradi, Joseph C., 1997. "Best practice analysis of bank branches: An application of DEA in a large Canadian bank," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 269-289, April.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Laurent Weill, 2004. "Measuring Cost Efficiency in European Banking: A Comparison of Frontier Techniques," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 133-152, March.
- Stigler, George J, 1976. "The Xistence of X-Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 213-216, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihăiță-Cosmin M. POPOVICI, 2013. "A Survey On Bank Efficiency Research With Data Envelopment Analysis And Stochastic Frontier Analysis," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 134-142, June.
- Ray, Subhash, 2016. "Cost efficiency in an Indian bank branch network: A centralized resource allocation model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 69-81.
- AGRELL, Per & BOGETOFT, Peter, 2013. "Benchmarking and regulation," CORE Discussion Papers 2013008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kao, Chiang & Liu, Shiang-Tai, 2014. "Multi-period efficiency measurement in data envelopment analysis: The case of Taiwanese commercial banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 90-98.
- Chowdhury, Hedayet & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2016. "Performance of hospital services in Ontario: DEA with truncated regression approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 111-122.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Hougaard, Jens Leth & Smilgins, Aleksandrs, 2016. "Applied cost allocation: The DEA–Aumann–Shapley approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(2), pages 667-678.
- Eskelinen, Juha & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2013. "Intertemporal efficiency analysis of sales teams of a bank: Stochastic semi-nonparametric approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5163-5175.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:27:popovicimc is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:263:y:2017:i:3:p:1095-1108 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBanking; Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA); Rational inefficiency; Staff utilisation; Allocation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:1:p:80-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.