An exact algorithm for the multicriteria ordered clustering problem
In the context of multicriteria decision aid, we address the problem of regrouping alternatives into completely ordered categories based on valued preference degrees. We assume that the number of groups is fixed a priori. This will be referred to as the multicriteria ordered clustering problem. The model is based on the definition of an inconsistency matrix and only uses the ordinal properties of the pairwise preference relations. An exact algorithm is proposed to find the ordered partition and is applied as illustration to the Human Development Index.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, 1998. "The human development index: some technical issues and alternative indices," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 589-605.
- Saini, Krishan G. & Bates, Philip S., 1984. "A survey of the quantitative approaches to country risk analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 341-356, June.
- Dias, Luis & Mousseau, Vincent & Figueira, Jose & Climaco, Joao, 2002. "An aggregation/disaggregation approach to obtain robust conclusions with ELECTRE TRI," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 332-348, April.
- Belacel, Nabil, 2000. "Multicriteria assignment method PROAFTN: Methodology and medical application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 175-183, August.
- Tervonen, Tommi & Figueira, José Rui & Lahdelma, Risto & Dias, Juscelino Almeida & Salminen, Pekka, 2009. "A stochastic method for robustness analysis in sorting problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 236-242, January.
- Peng, Yi & Kou, Gang & Wang, Guoxun & Shi, Yong, 2011. "FAMCDM: A fusion approach of MCDM methods to rank multiclass classification algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 677-689, December.
- Tang, J. C. S. & Espinal, C. G., 1989. "A model to assess country risk," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 363-367.
- Cosset, Jean-Claude & Siskos, Yannis & Zopounidis, Constantin, 1992. "Evaluating country risk: A decision support approach," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 79-95.
- Keeney,Ralph L. & Raiffa,Howard, 1993. "Decisions with Multiple Objectives," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438834, December.
- Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2001. "Assessing financial risks using a multicriteria sorting procedure: the case of country risk assessment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 97-109, February.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans & Philippe Vincke, 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: the Prométhée method," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9307, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dias, Luis C. & Lamboray, Claude, 2010. "Extensions of the prudence principle to exploit a valued outranking relation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 828-837, March.
- Jean-Claude Cosset & Jean Roy, 1991. "The Determinants of Country Risk Ratings," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 135-142, March.
- Frank, Charles Jr. & Cline, William R., 1971. "Measurement of debt servicing capacity: An application of discriminant analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 327-344, August.
- Koksalan, Murat & Ulu, Canan, 2003. "An interactive approach for placing alternatives in preference classes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 429-439, January.
- Kadziński, MiŁosz & Greco, Salvatore & SŁowiński, Roman, 2012. "Extreme ranking analysis in robust ordinal regression," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 488-501.
- Brans, J. P. & Vincke, Ph. & Mareschal, B., 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: The method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 228-238, February.
- Jiménez, Antonio & Mateos, Alfonso & Ríos-Insua, Sixto, 2009. "Missing consequences in multiattribute utility theory," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 395-410, April.
- Oral, Muhittin & Kettani, Ossama & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Daouas, Mohamed, 1992. "An estimation model for country risk rating," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 583-593, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:6:p:861-869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.